-- CX-5 sales continue to climb with thirteenth straight year-over-year increase --
RICHMOND HILL, ON, March 3, 2014 /CNW/ - Mazda Canada announced sales for February 2014 today totaling 4,274, which is a decrease of 12% compared to February 2013.
Sales in February were led by the compact Mazda3 with 2,336 sold, flat with February 2013 and up 16% year-to-date. 83% of all Mazda3s sold in February were equipped with the fuel-efficient SKYACTIV Technology, which also accounted for 77% of all Mazda vehicles sold in the month of February.
With total sales of 1,183 in February, the CX-5 continues its hot streak, claiming thirteen consecutive months of increased sales, rising year-over-year by 33%.
At the 2014 Canadian International AutoShow in Toronto, the Mazda6 was named the Canadian Car of the Year by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC). The Mazda6 is also a Top Safety Pick + as named by the International Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), along with the Mazda3 and CX-5.
"The new generation of Mazda vehicles continues to offer cutting-edge technology and style, excellent fuel economy, and the highest safety ratings in the industry," said David Klan, Senior Director, Sales, Marketing & Regional Operations, Mazda Canada. "When more than 80 of Canada's top automotive journalists voted the Mazda6 as Car of the Year, and the Mazda3 as a finalist right on its heels, we know we have a line-up of vehicles consumers will love."
- CX-5 sales up for thirteen consecutive months, increase 33% for best February on record
- MX-5 sales jumped by 115% versus February 2013, best February since 2008
- Mazda5 sales increased by 61% year-over-year
- Mazda3 sales up 16% year-to-date
- Light truck sales rose by 15% over February 2013
- SKYACTIV Technology vehicles accounted for 77% of all sales in February
- Total year-to-date sales of 8,585 are down 6.5% versus 2013, which is largely attributed to Mazda's managed reduction in fleet sales
About Mazda Canada Inc.
Mazda Canada Inc. is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer service and parts support of Mazda vehicles in Canada. Headquartered in Richmond Hill, Ontario, Mazda Canada has a nationwide network of 162 dealerships. For additional information visit Mazda Canada's media website at www.media.mazda.ca
SOURCE: Mazda Canada Inc.
For further information:
Sandra Lemaitre, National Manager, Public Relations
(905) 787-7167; email@example.com