One of Orlando's newest and biggest builders is now also one of the most decorated
WINTER PARK, FL, Sept. 18, 2012 /CNW/ - Mattamy Homes Orlando made 19 trips to the podium to collect a variety of awards at the recent Home Builders Association of Metro Orlando's Major Achievement Awards. Members of the Mattamy team were up and down collecting hardware more times than all but one homebuilder at the highly anticipated event.
Mattamy's wins included Best Logo for a production homebuilder, for the Azalea Cove community, located just east of Orlando in which Mattamy builds one- and two-story single family homes with three or four bedrooms. Azalea Cove has been tremendously popular - it's had the fastest initial sales of any of Mattamy's U.S. communities, and was #1 in all of Orlando for new construction starts in the second quarter of 2012.
Numerous individual achievement awards were also collected by members of the Mattamy Orlando team.
- Shining Star Awards - recognizing "back office" employees who displayed exemplary service over the last year - went to Amanda Tibbs, Etta Horner, Kimberly Charles, Laura Wade & Cindy Kidwell. These five Stars were the most of all the other homebuilders nominated.
- Golden Hammer Awards - recognizing individuals involved with the construction process who displayed excellent service - went to Joe Locastro, Ricky Brandon, Sparky Summerall & Joe Parker
- Million Dollar Circle Awards - recognizing sales volumes between August 2011 and July 2012 - went to a number of Mattamy Sales Consultants:
- Platinum: Twiggy Reyes, Matt Gibbons, Denise Rapp
- Gold: Patricia Castillo, Jerry Rullo, Melissa Valley, Gary Kelly
- Silver: Elena Colon, Leisa Zanders
Mattamy is making a name for itself in the Orlando market, where it launched operations just three years ago in 2009 - the largest builder in Canada, with operations in five US markets, was recently acknowledged as the fifth largest builder in Central Florida by dollar value of homes closed . "We view it as a major achievement and source of pride to have done so well in the eyes of both our customers and the industry in such a short time," says Steve Parker, Acting President of Mattamy's Orlando Division. "We have such a dedicated and talented team, and these awards are testament to each and every member's hard work and dedication. We're hopeful that this recognition will help drive our success in the coming years."
The HBA of Metro Orlando's Major Achievement Awards showcase the sales and marketing efforts of the "cream of the crop" in the Orlando homebuilding industry. Entries are judged by a distinguished panel of out-of-town judges, selected by the Major Achievement Awards Committee for their experience in new home marketing and related fields. Products or communities built or marketed in Central Florida by HBA of Metro Orlando members between August 1, 2011 and July31, 2012 were eligible.
For more information visit http://www.mattamyhomes.com/Orlando/.
About Mattamy Homes
Mattamy Homes is Canada's largest new home builder, with operations across Canada and the United States. Mattamy has built more than 50,000 homes in 150 communities, and counting. In Canada, those communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area, as well as in Ottawa and Calgary, while in the United States, the company is represented in five metropolitan areas: Minneapolis, Charlotte, Phoenix, Jacksonville and Orlando. Visit www.mattamyhomes.com for more information.
SOURCE: Mattamy Homes Limited
For further information: