– In a MASTERCHEF CANADA first, a new audition process sees the Season 4 finalists surprised in their hometowns, before 24 candidates face unique challenges in the MASTERCHEF CANADA kitchen that will determine the Top 12 –
– The Season 4 home cooks include a YouTuber, a paramedic, a PhD student, a plumber, a teacher, and a mining engineer –
– As previously announced, MASTERCHEF CANADA joins CTV's hit Thursday night lineup alongside THE BIG BANG THEORY, POWERLESS, and TRAINING DAY, airing at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning March 2 –
– CTV.ca/MasterChefCanada is the online destination for details about the MASTERCHEF CANADA judges and Top 24, including interviews, recipes, and exclusive videos –
– To tweet this release: bmpr.ca/2kdKIXn –
TORONTO, Feb. 6, 2017 /CNW/ - CTV's MASTERCHEF CANADA is changing the recipe for the home cook selection process as the series cooks up its fourth season, airing Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning March 2 on CTV and the CTV GO app, with encores Sundays at 7 p.m. ET beginning March 19 on Gusto. As revealed in a new promo that premiered in last night's SUPER BOWL LI broadcast on CTV, in a series first, 24 finalists from across Canada are surprised with their first challenge at their homes and offices in their hometowns. Presented with a box of uncooked rice, each aspiring chef has only 20 minutes to decide what they will make, as well as gather all their ingredients, before they travel to the MASTERCHEF CANADA kitchen in Toronto.
Turning up the heat for the Top 24 this season are returning judges Michael Bonacini, Alvin Leung, and Claudio Aprile. Instead of preparing and presenting their signature dish one-by-one, home cook auditions begin on the finalists' home turf. With only 12 coveted white aprons up for grabs, the home cooks have to prove they have the culinary skills to cut it in the MASTERCHEF CANADA kitchen, as they compete for $100,000 and a life-changing title.
"MASTERCHEF CANADA has been a solid performer over the past three seasons as part of CTV's midseason lineup, and with a new twist and entertaining batch of home cooks, it's the perfect addition to our new Thursday nights," said Mike Cosentino, Senior Vice-President, CTV and Specialty, Bell Media. "MASTERCHEF CANADA is paired with THE BIG BANG THEORY and new series POWERLESS for a family-friendly programming block."
The Top 24 cooking for the MASTERCHEF CANADA title are:
- Aaron Polsky, a director of operations, from Montréal, Qué.
- Ali Jadavji, a designer, from Calgary, Alta.
- Alice Luo, a PhD student, from Toronto, Ont.
- Alisha Sood, a make-up artist, from Mississauga, Ont.
- Barrie McConachie, an employee relations consultant, from Vancouver, B.C.
- Chris Rivest, a YouTuber and nutrition specialist from Calgary, Alta.
- Connor Robinson, a musician, from North York, Ont.
- Grace Liang, a mining engineer intern, from Sudbury, Ont.
- Jason Mayo, a high school teacher, from Jarvis, Ont.
- Jay Choo, a medical technician, from Toronto, Ont.
- Jillian Nowak, a food blogger, from Calgary, Alta.
- Jordan Levin, a server, from Winnipeg, Man.
- Justine Joyal, a business student, from Montréal, Qué.
- Kimberly Cairns, a paramedic, from Saskatoon, Sask.
- Kimberly Duffus, a sales rep, from Malton, Ont.
- Mai Nguyen, a health and safety advisor, from Edmonton, Alta.
- Matt VanderHelm, a category manager, from Toronto, Ont.
- May Nazair, a youth centre manager, from Campbellton, N.B.
- Miranda Wasstrom, a corporate safety administrator, from Edmonton, Alta.
- Nii Addico, a contractor, from Kitchener, Ont.
- Raffaele Spataro, a comedian, from Toronto, Ont.
- Sheila Lumsden, a homemaker, from Iqaluit, Nunavut
- Thea VanHerwaarden, a broker, from Vancouver, B.C.
- Trevor Connie, a plumber/gas fitter, from Edmonton, Alta.
Throughout the season fans are invited to visit CTV.ca/MasterChefCanada for exclusive content, including background on this season's finalists and the MASTERCHEF CANADA judges, as well as interviews, recipes, and more. CTV.ca will also offer viewers behind-the-scenes glimpses of this season's challenges, culinary creations, triumphs, and upsets.
Seasons 2 and 3 of MASTERCHEF CANADA are currently streaming on CraveTV™, and in encore broadcasts on Gusto.
Over 12 episodes of MASTERCHEF CANADA, the home cooks will have their culinary prowess tested through a series of mystery boxes, pressure tests, and team and elimination challenges, with judges Michael Bonacini, Alvin Leung, and Claudio Aprile providing direction and feedback throughout the process. At the end of each episode, at least one home cook will be eliminated from the competition until only two remain to battle it out in the finale for a chance to take home $100,000 and the sought after title of MASTERCHEF CANADA.
The MASTERCHEF format and finished programmes are represented internationally by Endemol Shine Group, and is based on a format originally created by Franc Roddam.
MASTERCHEF CANADA is produced by Proper Television in association with CTV. Proper's Vice-President and Creative Director Cathie James is the show runner and executive producer; Marike Emery is the Series Producer; President of Proper Television, Guy O'Sullivan, is the executive producer. For Bell Media, Danielle Pearson is Manager, Factual and Reality, Independent Production; Robin Johnston is Production Executive, Factual and Reality, Independent Production; Corrie Coe is Senior Vice-President, Independent Production; Mike Cosentino is Senior Vice-President, CTV and Specialty; Randy Lennox is President, Broadcast and Content.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Michael Bonacini – @MichaelBonacini
Alvin Leung – @TheDemonChef
Claudio Aprile – @ClaudioAprile
About Endemol Shine Group
With headquarters in Amsterdam, Endemol Shine Group is a global content powerhouse creating world class content for all platforms.
As a producer and distributor, Endemol Shine Group works on a unique local and global axis comprised of 120 companies across more than 30 markets dedicated to creating content that enthralls and inspires.
Global hits include many long-running non-scripted formats such as Masterchef, Big Brother and Your Face Sounds Familiar with a new generation being adapted around the world, including The Brain (Germany), Hunted and The Island (UK), Spelling Star (Australia), Big Music Quiz (France) and many more. In 2015 the company's travelling formats originated from eleven different countries across the Group.
Endemol Shine Group's drama portfolio is similarly international and diverse, boasting critically acclaimed worldwide hits such as Humans, Peaky Blinders, Black Mirror, Kingdom, Grantchester, The Fall and Broadchurch, (each sold in 100 or more markets), alongside recent hits including Intersection (Turkey), Springtide (Sweden) and Penoza from The Netherlands. Furthermore, in addition to airing around the world, Sweden's Bron (The Bridge) and Israel's Orpheus Project have been successfully adapted for different local regions.
The Group's award-winning digital production and distribution studio Endemol Shine Beyond, helps advertisers and brands to engage millennial audiences around the world through popular online content and channels including eSports format Legends of Gaming and lifestyle brand ICON, each with local adaptations in multiple markets.
With other iconic hits including Deal or No Deal, Mr. Bean, The Biggest Loser, The Money Drop and many more, Endemol Shine Group produced a total of 733 productions in over 50 languages across 68 territories in 2015, airing on 256 channels around the world.
About Bell Media Independent Production
Bell Media has commissioned some of Canada's most-watched and most-acclaimed original programming, working with the best Canadian independent producers in the country. Hit series commissioned by CTV include ratings success stories SAVING HOPE, the record-breaking THE AMAZING RACE CANADA, MASTERCHEF CANADA, hit drama CARDINAL, and upcoming original series THE DISAPPEARANCE. Among the original series on Bell Media pay, specialty, and streaming platforms are the internationally acclaimed ORPHAN BLACK, Space's most-watched original series KILLJOYS, Bravo's award-winning and most-watched original drama 19-2, award-winning dramedy SENSITIVE SKIN, CraveTV comedies LETTERKENNY and RUSSELL PETERS IS THE INDIAN DETECTIVE, Discovery's first-ever drama FRONTIER, Comedy's new satirical news series THE BEAVERTON, and nine new series and specials for food and lifestyle channel Gusto, including ONE WORLD KITCHEN and FISH THE DISH. Discovery is also home to Bell Media's hit factual series HIGHWAY THRU HELL, COLD WATER COWBOYS, and CANADA'S WORST DRIVER, among others. Bell Media is one of the first media companies in North America to commit to producing all new original scripted series in 4K.
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 15 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
For further information: Jesse Wanagas, CTV Networks, 416.384.3193 or firstname.lastname@example.org; Christy Sullivan, CTV Networks, 416.384.3624 or email@example.com