- Canada's top homegrown series delivers 51% more viewers than OLYMPIC PRIMETIME -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1bJylww
TORONTO, Feb. 18, 2014 /CNW/ - MASTERCHEF CANADA continues to gather steam as last night's episode outperformed OLYMPIC PRIMETIME with a series-high of 1.8 million viewers on CTV. The #1 program of the night, Canada's most-watched original series grew 30% (total viewers), 48% (A25-54), 43% (A18-49), and 57% (A18-34) compared to last week. It was the most-watched program of the night in Canada.
A closer look at last night's BBM Canada data reveals:
- Head-to-head from 8-9 p.m., CTV's MASTERCHEF CANADA outperformed CBC's OLYMPIC PRIMETIME by 51% (total viewers) and 85% (A25-54), and more than doubled Olympic coverage among A18-49 (+102%) and A18-34 (+127%).
- The viewing audience grew among total viewers and all key demos in the second half-hour of the program.
- The program peaked with 2.15 million viewers as the series' fourth eliminated home cook, Danny Raposo of Brampton, Ont., was sent home.
- CTV thriller THE FOLLOWING also earned a season-high 1.1 million viewers last night, up 22% from the previous week's broadcast.
Viewers can watch last night's episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA on demand at CTV.ca and the CTV GO app.
**Media Note** - Download new episodic photos from MASTERCHEF CANADA at BellMediaPR.ca.
Coming up on the next all-new episode of MASTERCHEF CANADA (Monday, Feb 24 at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT), the Top 12 home cooks arrive at Toronto's historic Distillery District for a team challenge that requires the food to look as good as it tastes. The red and blue teams must make canapés to cater an exclusive art gallery event.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 12 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
Source: BBM Canada, overnight vs. overnight
For further information: