MARMALADE 6.0 RELEASE HERALDS A BRAND NEW APPROACH TO HYBRID APPS
LONDON, UK, April 16, 2012 /CNW/ - Marmalade, the world's most powerful cross-platform SDK for native mobile apps, today throws open the doors to HTML5 and PhoneGap developers with the launch of Marmalade 6.0.
Established as a "power tool" for native apps and games, Marmalade has helped to deliver some of the richest, most complex and most successful apps simultaneously to iOS, Android, BlackBerry and a host of other mobile and Smart TV platforms. With this latest release, Marmalade unlocks and makes all of that native power available to web developers, creating for the first time the opportunity to exploit the dual strengths of HTML5 and cross-platform native code.
"We believe hybrid apps combining web and native technologies are the future, but not as they've been known up to this point," says Tim Closs, CTO at Marmalade. "With Marmalade 6.0, we're starting to redefine what hybrid apps can achieve with native API breadth and power. Marmalade has always been about open standards, so HTML5 and PhoneGap are natural choices for us. But with our unparalleled experience of cross-platform native apps, and our patented single-binary architecture, we're creating for web developers a brand new opportunity - use existing HTML5 technologies and frameworks, but access all the power of cross-platform native code."
In keeping with Marmalade's tradition of supporting the latest devices released in the market, Marmalade 6.0 also supports the new iPad Retina display.
Marmalade 6.0 is available for a full and free evaluation at madewithmarmalade.com.
Notes to editors:
1) The Marmalade SDK is a cross-platform development environment for rich apps and games on smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and other embedded platforms.
Marmalade allows developers to compile a single codebase to native CPU instructions, then deploy apps easily to all iOS, Android, bada and BlackBerry 10 devices, as well as other platforms including selected smart TV platforms.
2) Marmalade has been adopted by thousands of developers around the world, including leading publishers and has enabled a number of high profile, high performance AAA titles and many #1 games on the Apple App Store. Well known titles including Draw Something, Call of Duty, Cut the Rope, Lara Croft, Need for Speed, BackBreaker and many more choose Marmalade as their cross-platform tool of choice.
3) Marmalade apps are available for download across multiple channels including the Apple App Store, Google Play, Samsung Apps, BlackBerry App World and more.
4) Marmalade was first launched at the end of 2009 (formerly known as Airplay SDK).
5) Marmalade is headquartered in London and has an office in San Francisco.
6) Marmalade is backed by a number of high profile strategic investors, including ARM Holdings plc, the world's leading semiconductor intellectual property supplier. (LSE: ARM, NASDAQ: ARMH)
For further information:
Calypso Harland, Marmalade