SMITHS FALLS, ON, Nov. 4, 2014 /CNW/ - Tweed, Canada's first publicly traded Licensed Producer of medical marijuana, continues to find innovative ways to lead the sector. Our diversification has us well positioned in a market where demand presently outstrips supply. Large harvests from our Niagara-on-the-Lake facility continue to arrive in Smiths Falls for processing.
To ensure that harvest is put to market efficiently, Tweed is engaging the medical community across Canada to educate doctors and health care professionals of the diverse benefits of medical marijuana.
"Studies and clinical information are available, we're working with doctors to connect the dots," said Bruce Linton, Co-Founder and Chairman of Tweed.
Tweed is making strategic investments in medical conferences this fall, notably, the Primary Care Updates series. The series is taking place in Mississauga, Richmond Hill, Ottawa, Calgary and Vancouver and is attended by more physicians than any other national continuing medical education (CME) program. Members of Tweed's Medical Advisory Board are among the faculty who will be speaking on the topic.
The Medical Advisory Board members specialize in various areas of medicine. Their collective expertise guides Tweed's approach to medical education and provides the company with insight into the medical community.
In conjunction with a number of other Licensed Producers, Tweed is also co-sponsoring through an unrestricted grant, a 5-City CME program to be held in February-March 2015 in partnership with the Canadian Consortium for the Investigation of Cannabinoids (CCIC).
These collective efforts will encourage informed, fact-based dialogue around the emerging marijuana industry and the best medical applications.
"Six months ago, accessing medical marijuana changed dramatically for Canadians allowing Tweed to lead the sector as it grows. At the end of the day, Tweed wants to facilitate the conversations that keep that momentum going," Linton said.
For more information, visit www.tweed.com
- Tweed is a licensed producer of marijuana under the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations.
- Our head office, R&D facility and indoor production area is located in the former Hershey Chocolate factory in Smiths Falls, ON and started shipping premium marijuana to registered patients in May 2014.
- Tweed Farms, the company's second production facility is located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON in a greenhouse roughly the size of 8 football fields. Through its acquisition of the Tweed Farms facility, Tweed has become the first geographically diversified, multi-location, multi-licensed public operation in Canada.
- We went public on April 4th, the first Canadian company to do so. We are listed on the TSX Venture board (TWD).
- Tweed has engaged the executive recruiting firm Stonewood Group to identify a permanent Chief Executive Officer.
Image with caption: "Tweed Marijuana Inc. (CNW Group/Tweed Marijuana Inc.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20141104_C6806_PHOTO_EN_7442.jpg
SOURCE: Tweed Marijuana Inc.
For further information: Media Contact: Jordan Sinclair, 613-706-2185 ex 309, [email protected], @tweed_inc