TSX/NYSE/PSE: MFC SEHK: 945
WATERLOO, ON, July 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Manulife is taking action to support its customers and communities affected by wildfires in British Columbia. Along with donating $25,000 to the Canadian Red Cross and matching up to $10,000 for employee donations, Manulife will be increasing flexibility for affected customers.
"These wildfires have had a devastating impact in British Columbia," said Marianne Harrison, President and CEO, Manulife Canada. "We are glad that this contribution will directly help our fellow Canadians receive immediate relief supplies during this difficult time."
Information for affected Manulife customers:
- Manulife Bank will help its affected customers by allowing them to defer loan and mortgage payments for a period of time. If needed, customers can access money invested in a Guaranteed Interest Certificate (GIC) without being charged an early-redemption penalty.*
- Manulife Group Benefits plan sponsors may be eligible for delayed payments on benefit premiums. Plan members may have refill prescriptions replaced or processed early.
- Manulife Group Retirement customers in affected areas can make phone withdrawal requests and the withdrawal fees will be waived, where permitted by the plan and legislation allows.
- Manulife Insurance, Manulife Investments, Manulife Securities customers will receive assistance with expedited access to funds or an extension of payment terms.
*For Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) accounts, a withholding tax may be applied
- Group benefits: 1-800-268-6195
- Disability: 1-877-481-9169
- Group retirement
- Manulife members: 1-888-727-7766
- Former Standard Life members: 1-800-242-1704
- Manulife Investments: 1-888-790-4387
- Manulife Mutual Funds: 1-888-588-7999
- Manulife Insurance: 1-888-626-8543
- Formerly Standard Life segregated funds or insurance products: 1-888-841-6633
- Manulife Bank: 1-877-765-2265
- Manulife Securities: 1-800-991-2121
If possible, please have your policy / account number ready.
Donations to the Canadian Red Cross will help provide immediate relief such as cots, blankets, family reunification as well as financial assistance so individuals and families can get the food, clothing, shelter, and anything else that can help them recover from this tragedy.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of March 31, 2017, we had $1 trillion (US$754 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26.3 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
SOURCE Manulife Financial Corporation
For further information: Media Contact: Shabeen Hanifa, Manulife, 416-697-7684, Shabeen_Hanifa@Manulife.com