TORONTO and BOSTON, Jan. 22, 2018 /CNW/ -- Manulife Asset Management, the investment management arm of Manulife, has been recognized for communications excellence by the League of American Communication Professional (LACP). In the 2017 Global Communications Competition, the firm won three Spotlight Awards and two Inspire Awards for a range of materials and an event designed for clients, journalists, investors, and community organizations.
In the Spotlight Awards competition for global communications, Manulife Asset Management won one Platinum award, one Gold award, and one Silver award. All three entries were recognized as Top 100 Communications Materials overall in a competition that received about 1,500 entries.
In the Inspire Awards competition for corporate publishing, Manulife Asset Management one two Gold awards. Both entries were recognized as Top 100 Corporate Publications overall, also in a competition with about 1,500 entries.
"Through our work, we aim to provide a meaningful understanding of a complex, sometimes unpredictable investing environment, and it is an honour to be recognized by the LACP," said Laurie Lupton, Senior Managing Director, Global Head, Marketing & Communications, Manulife Asset Management.
Manulife Asset Management won a Platinum Spotlight award for:
- The US Election and the Post-Election Economy microsite, a collection of reports that aims to provide investors with a better understanding of the 2016 US Presidential Election's effect on financial markets. In addition, Manulife Asset Management hosted a conference call featuring its investment professionals to help investors immediately understand the expected impact of the election result. This was also recognized as 14th worldwide in the competition's Top 100 Communications Materials category.
The firm won Gold Spotlight awards for:
- The 2016-2017 Community Knowledge Exchange (CKX) City Series, events held in three cities by the Community Foundations of Canada and sponsored by Manulife Asset Management. This was also recognized as 43rd worldwide in the competition's Top 100 Communications Materials category.
And a Silver Spotlight award for:
- The Weekly Thought Leadership Catalogue redesign, an update to an email-based sales tool that showcases our thought leaders, their media appearances, and publications. This was also recognized as 69th worldwide in the competition's Top 100 Communications Materials category.
The firm won Gold Inspire awards for:
- The 2017 Canada Playbook and Interest Rate Hikes campaign. The Canada Playbook aims to be considered the go-to publication for journalists and investors who wish to understand key factors driving the Canadian economy. The follow-up Bank of Canada rate hike pieces provide immediate analysis of the Canadian economic and market impact of these rate hikes. These were also recognized as 41st worldwide in the competition's Top 100 Corporate Publications category.
- The Global Intelligence Interim Outlook: Summer 2017 report, a quarterly publication which provides a timely, comprehensive review of the investment landscape and what to expect in the months ahead. It was also recognized as 42nd worldwide in the competition's Top 100 Corporate Publications category.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
About Manulife Asset Management
Manulife Asset Management is the global asset management arm of Manulife Financial Corporation ("Manulife"). We provide comprehensive asset management solutions for investors across a broad range of public and private asset classes, as well as asset allocation solutions. We also provide portfolio management for affiliated retail Manulife and John Hancock product offerings. Our investment solutions include public and private equities and fixed income, timberland, farmland, real estate, power and infrastructure, oil and gas, renewable energy, and mezzanine debt. We operate in the United States, Canada, Brazil, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, the Philippines, as well as through a China joint venture, Manulife TEDA. We also serve investors in select European, Middle Eastern and Latin American markets. As at September 30, 2017, assets under management for Manulife Asset Management were approximately C$477 billion (US$383 billion, GBP£286 billion, EUR€324 billion). Additional information may be found at ManulifeAM.com.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
SOURCE Manulife Asset Management