Expanded deployment enables secure, high-speed mobile Internet services to over
125 cities in India
NEW DELHI, India, Dec. 7 /CNW/ - Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the mobile personalization company, today announced that a major operator in India with over 80 million subscribers is expanding mobile broadband services across India using the Bridgewater® Service Controller (AAA) anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker™.
- The Indian operator is expanding its deployment of the Bridgewater Service Controller to securely authenticate and authorize subscribers and perform critical accounting functions. The operator is ramping up its mobile data services such as mobile streaming, video calls and mobile Internet services across nine telecom circles representing over 125 cities in India.
- The operator is also deploying Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker which provides a common subscriber data management platform that brings together rich, dynamic subscriber data with the sophisticated tools to broker that data to multiple systems and applications to personalize services.
- It allows operators to:
- Rapidly scale mobile data services to millions of subscribers and manage billions of mobile data transactions with a Tier 1 proven, high performance solution.
- Deliver personalized services to attract and retain subscribers. New streaming media, video calls, social networking, and location-based services can be provisioned, modified, and personalized using a unified, real-time subscriber data management solution.
- Reduce operating costs by unifying subscriber data, and easily provisioning new subscribers and services without custom integration.
- Bridgewater's India Center of Excellence is providing mobile control plane technology development, sales, professional and support services to help operators in India and across the Asia Pacific region rapidly deliver 3G and 4G services. Based in Gurgaon, Delhi, the Center is supporting this mobile data network deployment.
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
"India is one of the fastest growing markets for mobile broadband. Bridgewater is well positioned to help operators rapidly deploy profitable and personalized mobile data services to millions of subscribers in India using our comprehensive, integrated subscriber, service, and policy control solutions. This new expansion is part of our strategic focus on emerging markets and reflects our continued investment in this high-growth region."
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, Service Controller, AAA, Subscriber Data Management, Policy Controller, PCRF, Mobile Data Growth
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the mobile personalization company, enables service providers to efficiently manage and profit from mobile data services, content and commerce. The company's market leading mobile personalization portfolio provides a real-time, unified view of subscribers including entitlements, devices, networks, billing profiles, preferences and context. Anchored by Bridgewater's Subscriber Data Broker™, the portfolio of carrier-grade and standards-based products includes the Bridgewater® Service Controller (AAA), the Bridgewater® Policy Controller (PCRF) and the Bridgewater® Home Subscriber Server (HSS). More than 150 leading service providers including America Movil, Bell Canada, Clearwire, Cox, Hutchison Telecom, Iusacell, Scartel, SmarTone-Vodafone, Sprint, Tata Teleservices, Tatung, Telmex, Telstra, and Verizon Wireless use Bridgewater's solutions to rapidly deliver innovative mobile services to over 150 million subscribers. For more information, visit us at www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Bridgewater Systems
For further information: For further information:
Siren-Communication - Asia Pacific
+65 9048 6981