OTTAWA, March 30, 2016 /CNW/ - Magor Corporation (TSX-V: MCC), a technology leader in visual collaboration solutions, today announced the third quarter (Q3) financial results for the three and nine month periods ended January 31st, 2016.
"Timing of some orders received in Q3 came in too late for shipping the associated hardware, but did result in the Company growing the backlog going into Q4," said Mike Pascoe, President and CEO of Magor Corporation. "In addition, we are seeing a growing amount of recurring revenue business which results in an initial sale of lower margin hardware without the software revenue. Subsequent quarters for those sales then become predictable high margin software revenue and over time recurring software becomes a larger portion of the overall revenue mix. We are also pleased to see the significant growth in orders over the last few months with the RCMP as they move forward on their nationwide deployment plan."
During the Quarter
- A regional Middle Eastern service provider completed their trial of Magor's Aerus cloud-based Service Delivery Platform and has commenced marketing and selling these services to their customers. Magor will commence recording revenues from this partnership arrangement in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2016
- As reported on Dec. 9th, the RCMP placed orders for an additional 29 systems for their national network. This was further augmented with an additional 45 systems in January.
Subsequent to the Quarter
- The Company entered into agreements, with a company controlled by the Chairman of the Company, to borrow $490,000 by way of promissory notes bearing interest at 12% per annum.
- The Company announced that it has filed amended and restated unaudited interim financial statements and related management's discussion and analysis ("MD&A") for the three month period ended July 31, 2015 (Q1) and for the three and nine month periods ended October 31, 2015 (Q2).
- Additional bookings were received from the RCMP for 57 systems as they continue to add to their national network.
- Order backlog as at January 31, 2016 was $713,069 compared to $514,460 as at October 31, 2015 representing a 39% increase.
- Total revenues for the three month period ended January 31, 2016 of $365,118 compared to $810,862 for the three months ended January 31, 2015. Total year-to-date revenues for the nine month period ended January 31, 2016 of $868,564 compared to $1,048,091 for the prior year.
- Software revenue for the three month period ended January 31, 2016 of $27,792 compared to $630,697 for the three months ended January 31, 2015. This decrease resulted from a one-time sale of perpetual licenses in fiscal 2015 of approximately $600,000 combined with decline in the sale of perpetual licenses as customers' transition to SaaS contracts.
- Recurring revenues grew by 8.4% to $123,432 for the three month period ended January 31, 2015 compared to $113,921 for the comparable quarter in the prior year. Year-to-date recurring revenues for the nine month period increased by 54.2% to $388,355 compared $251,829 for the prior year.
- Gross margin percentages for the three and nine month periods ended January 31, 2016 were 37% and 49% respectfully compared to 85% and 68% in the prior year due to the higher mix of lower margin hardware sales in fiscal 2016 and inventory write-downs recorded in the current fiscal year.
- Operating expenses for the three month and nine month period ended January 31, 2016 decreased by $189,509 and $904,462, or 13% and 20% respectively.
- Net loss and total comprehensive income for the three month period ended January 31, 2016 of $1,868,619, or ($0.04) per share compared to a net loss of $1,016,817, or ($0.02) per share for the same period in the prior year driven by the significant decrease in gross margins combined with higher other expenses in the areas of interest expense, stock option expense and the loss related to change in fair value of Class A Shares.
- As at January 31st, 2016, the Company had cash on hand of $82,062 compared to $201,086 as at April 30, 2015.
About Magor Corporation:
Magor develops and markets visual collaboration software for a world that increasingly rewards those who can bring together the right people and information at the right time. The Magor Aerus service delivery platform removes the limitations of traditional video conferencing and collaboration tools. The goal is to provide entirely new ways of interacting with video to drive increased productivity while reducing travel and other costs. To find out more about Magor Corporation (TSX-V: MCC), visit our website at http://www.magorcorp.com.
This news release may contain "forward-looking information" within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. Statements made in this news release, other than those concerning historical financial information, may be forward-looking and therefore subject to various risks and uncertainties. The words "may", "will", "could", "should", "would", "suspect", "outlook", "believe", "plan", "anticipate", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "forecast", "objective", "hope", and "continue" (or the negative thereof), and words and expressions of similar import are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Certain material factors or assumptions are implied in making forward-looking statements and actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied in such statements. Factors that could cause results to vary include those identified in the Corporation's filings with Canadian securities regulatory authorities, as well as the applicability of patents and proprietary technology; the outcome of pending corporate transactions; possible patent ligation; regulatory approval of products in development; changes in government regulation or regulatory approval processes; government and third party reimbursement; dependence on strategic partnerships; intensifying competition; rapid technological change in the industry; anticipated future losses; the ability to access capital; and the ability to attract and retain key personnel. All forward-looking information presented herein should be considered in conjunction with such filings. Except as required by Canadian securities laws, the Corporation does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements; such statements speak only as of the date made.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE Magor Corporation
For further information: Mike Pascoe, President and CEO, Magor Corporation, 613-686-1731 ext 5510, firstname.lastname@example.org; Babak Pedram, Investor Relations, Virtus Advisory Group, 416-644-5081, email@example.com