WINNIPEG, Sept. 17 /CNW/ - Starting Saturday, September 19th, lottery players will have their first chance to play Canada's newest lottery game: LOTTO MAX(TM)!
We've been talking to Canadians and the message has been loud and clear: Canadians want big Jackpots, and more chances to win million-dollar prizes. With its distinctive prize structure that's unique to Canada, LOTTO MAX will deliver both!
Jackpots for the new Friday evening draw game start at $10 Million, and can grow as high as $50 Million. Once they reach that level, the game kicks into MAXMILLIONS(TM) mode: the main Jackpot remains at $50 Million, but additional MAXMILLIONS prize will become available to win. MAXMILLIONS are $1 Million prizes, each drawn with its own set of winning numbers.
As LOTTO MAX enters the marketplace, another game retires. The last SUPER 7 draw occurs tomorrow, September 18th, and players will be interested to know that all prize money for this final draw is guaranteed to be won. If there's no Jackpot winner, the Jackpot money will be added to the next prize category.
LOTTO MAX Game Details:
- Draws will be held every Friday night, starting with the first draw on
- Players receive three seven-number Selections (from 1 to 49) per $5
- To win the Jackpot or a MAXMILLIONS prize, players must match 7/7
- Odds of winning the Jackpot or any MAXMILLIONS prize are one in 28.6
Million per $5 play
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per $5 play
- Jackpots start at $10 Million and "roll" to the next draw date if not
- The Jackpot will continue to grow until it's won or reaches $50
Million, with MAXMILLIONS prizes added after the $50 Million mark is
- LOTTO MAX will be sold in every province and territory across Canada
- Players in the Prairies and Territories can add EXTRA to their LOTTO
MAX ticket for an additional $1 per EXTRA number
All lottery revenue in Manitoba is directed to the Province of Manitoba to support priority social programs and local community activities.
SOURCE Western Canada Lottery Corporation
For further information: For further information: Andrea Marantz, (204) 946-1397