With in-store to online integration, retailers can now manage every aspect of their business
MONTREAL, March 9, 2016 /CNW/ -- Lightspeed POS Inc., the most powerful point of sale (POS) system for retailers and restaurateurs, today announced that Lightspeed eCom is now available to small and medium sized online businesses in North America. The new eCommerce platform gives users the tools and analytics they need to run their online business. Lightspeed eCom will seamlessly integrate with cloud-based POS solution, Lightspeed Retail. Merchants now have access to a one-stop-shop for all their retail management needs.
"Retailers want the freedom to sell across all channels, whether in-store, online or mobile. No matter the platform, it's all part of one continuous experience with a brand," said JP Chauvet, chief revenue officer at Lightspeed. "With this new platform and integration, we're giving retailers a way to easily manage their online and in-store business, offer customers a seamless shopping experience, and sell smarter."
Lightspeed eCom Features
Lightspeed eCom includes several new features that make it easier than ever for North American merchants to build, manage and grow a global retail business online:
- SEO optimization, blogging, and social media integration: Increase organic traffic with rich snippets, product tags, links and meta descriptions.
- Customization and templates: A variety of easy-to-use and beautiful responsive designs that adjust automatically to any mobile device.
- Dynamic App marketplace: More than 150 partners seamlessly integrate to expand the functionality of an online store.
- Multinational and multicurrency: Configure delivery methods and zones, and the shipping costs for international orders will be automatically calculated.
- Advanced product setup: Custom fields, matrices, related products, technical specifications, and product reviews.
Go Omnichannel in One Click
According to Retail Systems Research, more than 60 percent of retailers say getting inventory insight, real-time customer visibility and product information across channels is crucial. Yet the same report revealed that more than 40 percent of retailers struggle to coordinate in-store and eCommerce operations.
With the newly integrated Lightspeed platform, brick and mortar retailers can quickly launch an online store and automatically sync inventory, sales, and customer sales data. They can easily transfer inventory between channels and extract performance insights. New integration features include:
- Retail-to-eCom integration: Create an online store from within Lightspeed Retail in one click.
- Up-to-date products and inventory: Add products, photos and product information from Lightspeed Retail to Lightspeed eCom in a few easy steps and have a unified view of all inventory.
- Instant notification of new web orders: Fulfill web orders from a single inventory pool, and know in an instant when a shopper puts in an order online.
- Integrated reporting: View online and in-store sales data in one place including integrated sales history and customers.
- Centralized transaction information: Online sales are downloaded to Retail, enabling you to view eCom and in-store sales data in a single glance.
Lightspeed eCom is available immediately, and the integration with Lightspeed Retail is available in beta in North America. To get a demo or for more information visit: www.lightspeedhq.com
About Lightspeed POS
Headquartered in Montreal, Canada, Lightspeed is the most powerful cloud-based commerce solution for independent businesses, in-store and online. More than 36,000 retailers and restaurateurs processing over $12 billion in transactions annually use Lightspeed to manage their entire business--from inventory, customer preferences, sales, and analytics--and grow it. Founded in 2005 with offices in Canada, USA, and Europe, Lightspeed is backed by Accel Partners, iNovia Capital, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ) and Investissement Québec (IQ). Find us and our customer love by visiting www.lightspeedhq.com, Facebook.com/LightspeedPOS, Twitter: @lightspeedretail, and Instagram: @lightspeedhq.
Grace Emery, Bateman Group
Bradley Grill, Lightspeed POS Inc.
Director of Public Relations