Donations taken at meeting support programs at Our Place Society
VICTORIA, British Columbia, April 15, 2015 /CNW/ -- Liberty National Life Insurance Company, headquartered in McKinney, TX, recently held its Spring Agency Owner meeting in Victoria, BC, Canada. As part of the Company's Closer to the Heart charitable giving program, Agency Owners, the executive management team, and other staff members in attendance collected $13,006 to benefit Our Place Society, an inner-city community center.
Roger Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Liberty National, presented the group's donations to Laura Walsh, Our Place Society Director of Development. "Liberty National believes wholeheartedly in giving back to the communities where we live, work, and visit. We are proud to support the vital programs and services Our Place delivers to Victoria's most vulnerable citizens," said Smith.
Our Place Society serves the homeless, impoverished elderly, working poor, mentally and physically challenged and addicted of Greater Victoria by providing free clothing, showers, counseling and outreach services, and transitional housing. Our Place Society will use Liberty National's donations to help fund their meals program, which prepares and serves 1,500 to 2,000 meals each day.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company has been in the insurance business since 1900. The Company offers affordable supplemental life and health insurance through in-home and workplace sales. Go to www.libertynational.com to learn more about the Company and career opportunities.
Liberty National Life Insurance Company Facts
- Founded in 1900
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Liberty National has earned the A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating from A.M. Best Company (as of 6/14)
Parent Company Facts
Torchmark Corporation (NYSE: TMK)
- Member of the S&P 500 Index
- Ranked #622 Fortune 1000 company – 2014
- Ranked #25 on Dallas Morning News 2014 Top 150 D/FW Companies list
- Ranked #64 on 2014 Texas 1000 list
Torchmark Corporation affiliates include:
- Liberty National Life Insurance Company
- American Income Life Insurance Company
- Globe Life And Accident Insurance Company
- United American Insurance Company
- Family Heritage Life Insurance Company
SOURCE Liberty National Life Insurance Company
For further information: Mike Majors, 972-569-3239, http://www.libertynational.com