LG G3 VIGOR NOW AVAILABLE AT ROGERS
TORONTO, March 31, 2015 /CNW/ - LG Electronics (LG) today announced the LG G3 Vigor, Canada's first VoLTE-enabled smartphone, is now available at Rogers for $0 on select 2-year Share EverythingTM plans. The LG G3 Vigor fits LG's trademark ergonomic rear key design, stunning display and unique security features into a sportier, more compact smartphone.
"As the first company to bring a Quad HD smartphone to Canadians with the LG G3, LG is thrilled to partner with Rogers on another first with the launch of the LG G3 Vigor, Canada's first VoLTE enabled device," said Ross Snow, Vice-President LG Mobile Communications. "Mirroring the power and style of LG's G-Series line up, the LG G3 Vigor offers an exciting option for those looking for a smaller smartphone without sacrificing power or performance."
LG G3 Vigor packs leading technology into a 5-inch IPS display
- New VoLTE technology: Rogers customers will be the first in Canada to experience wireless voice and video calling technology with VoLTE that gives clear and more natural sounding voice and video calls
- 8 MP Rear Camera with Laser Auto Focus and Tap to Shoot: In camera mode, simply tap once anywhere on the large, unobstructed viewfinder to focus the camera and take the picture
- Better Selfies with Gesture Shutter: Taking great selfies and group photos with the 1.3 MP front-facing camera is now easier than ever. Simply raise your hand and make a fist, which initiates a three-second timer
- Knock Code: Secure your smartphone with a code created by using a customized sequence of knocks on the display to wake and unlock the device
- Smart Cleaning: Remove temporary files and infrequently used apps to free up space and keep your phone running fast (some pre-installed apps may not be removable)
- Versatility and Productivity: Write, draw and schedule memos to appear based on calendar or location inputs with QuickMemo+™; overlay and adjust up to two windows on the primary screen for advanced multitasking with QSlide Function
Key Technical Specifications:
- Display: 5.0-inch HD (1280 x 720) IPS Display
- Battery Capacity: 2,540 mAh
- Platform: Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Technology: GSM, LTE, HD Voice
- Processor: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1.2 GHz Quad-Core
- Network: 2G/3G/LTE or GSM/UMTS/LTE
- Frequencies: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; UMTS 850/1900/2100; LTE Bands 2/4/5/7/17; VoLTE (for Rogers only)
- Data Transmission: GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE, and VoLTE (For Rogers only)
- Dimensions: 137.75 mm (H) x 69.6 mm (W) x 9.99mm (D)
- Weight: 133.5 g
- Talk Time: up to 17.5 hours1
- Standby Time: up to 26 days and 11 hours1
- Internal Memory: 8 GB (up to 3.70 GB usable memory); supports microSD™ card up to 32 GB2
To learn more about the LG G3 Vigor and LG's expansive G-Series line, visit LG.com.
1 Actual battery time may vary depending on network connectivity and application use.
2 Memory cards sold separately.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is an innovator and trend leader in the global mobile communications industry. LG is driving the evolution of mobile forward with its highly competitive core technologies in the areas of display, battery and camera optics and strategic partnerships with noted industry leaders. LG's consumer-centric products — including the flagship premium G Series models — incorporate unique, ergonomic designs and intuitive UX features that enhance the user experience. The company remains committed to leading consumers into the era of convergence, maximizing inter-device connectivity between smartphones, tablets and a wide range of home and portable electronics products. For more information, please visit www.LG.com
About LG Electronics Canada
The LG brand was established in 1995. The company is a global leader in electronics, information and communications products, with more than 117 operations around the world, and annual worldwide revenues of more than US $49 billion. LG Canada is comprised of five business units - Mobile Communications, Home Appliance, Home Entertainment, Business Solutions and Commercial Air Conditioning. The company has offices in Toronto and Vancouver. LG Canada is focused on delivering award-winning products known for blending style and technology. These innovative products include cell phones, flat screen TVs, laptop computers and home appliances. For more information please visit www.LG.com
SOURCE LG Electronics Canada
Image with caption: "LG Expands G-Series Line Up With Canada's First VoLTE-Enabled Smartphone (CNW Group/LG Electronics Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150331_C7060_PHOTO_EN_13771.jpg
For further information: Media Contact: Madeleine Stoesser, LG-One Canada, P: 416-486-2602 | C: 416.906.7744, [email protected]