TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2017 /CNW/ - The RCMP is hiring! The Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), Canadian Armed Forces, Ontario Correctional Services, Ontario Provincial Police, and York Regional Police are teaming up for a career day. These agencies offer an exceptional career, letting you make a real difference in your community and your country.
Do you have what it takes? Join us for this special career day to find out more about joining the RCMP and other services. Each service will present its unique job opportunities and attendees will hear real life career experiences from police officers who are proud to wear their uniform. An RCMP recruiting officer will outline the application process, the benefits and rewards of a career in policing with the RCMP, and will provide advice and answer questions.
This will be a career fair setting; each agency will have booths set up offering attendees the opportunity to meet recruiters one-on-one. This event takes place on:
Saturday, November 4 at 1 PM
Fort York Armoury
660 Fleet Street
To register for this event: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/law-and-protection-forces-career-day-tickets-39124566632.
The RCMP is looking for people from across the country to join Canada's national police service. If you or someone you know is thinking about becoming a police officer with the RCMP, visit rcmpcareers.ca.
- Be ready for action from the day you graduate: Once you've graduated from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy, you immediately start your career in policing.
- Over 150 career specializations: With a vast range of career specializations and opportunities for growth and training, the RCMP offers a career like no other.
- Paid cadet training: Cadets at the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Training Academy receive paid training from their very first day.
- Travel and development opportunities: You will begin your career by working in Canada and may have the opportunity to work abroad in Foreign Missions, or in specializations ranging from Forensics to Cybercrime Intelligence.
"To do our job, we need highly motivated team players who possess strong leadership abilities from a wide range of backgrounds. A uniform with your name on it is waiting for you."
- Constable John Penrose, Royal Canadian Mounted Police
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information: For media enquiries, please contact: Sergeant Penny Hermann, (905) 876-9571