MONTREAL, Feb. 26, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Laurentian Bank of Canada (LB:TO) announced today the release of its Notice of Annual Meeting of Shareholders, along with its Management Proxy Circular. The Circular is available on SEDAR, as well as in the Investor Relations section of the Bank's Internet site.
The annual shareholders' meeting will be held on April 1, 2015 at the Monument-National in Montréal. The Circular contains all the necessary information to enable shareholders to exercise their rights to vote on the presentation of financial statements, the nomination of the auditor, the consultative vote on named executive officer compensation and a shareholder proposal. The Circular also contains information on the evaluation and compensation of the Bank's executive officers.
In addition, the Circular provides all necessary information to allow shareholders to vote on the election of the Bank's Directors. For that purpose, the 13 proposed nominees are:
- Lise Bastarache, Economist and Corporate Director
- Jean Bazin, Q.C., Counsel with Dentons Canada LLP
- Richard Bélanger, FCPA, FCA, President, Toryvel Group Inc.
- Michael T. Boychuk, FCPA, FCA, President, Bimcor Inc.
- Isabelle Courville, Corporate Director and Chairman of Laurentian Bank's Board of Directors
- Pierre Genest, FCIA, FSA, Chairman, SSQ Life Insurance Company Inc.
- Michel Labonté, Corporate Director
- A. Michel Lavigne, FCPA, FCA, Corporate Director
- Jacqueline C. Orange, Corporate Director
- Réjean Robitaille, FCPA, FCA, President and CEO, Laurentian Bank
- Michelle R. Savoy, Corporate Director
- Jonathan I. Wener, C.M., Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, Canderel Holdings Inc.
- Susan Wolburgh Jenah, Corporate Director
In 2014, Laurentian Bank posted very solid results, with an adjusted net income of $163.6 million ($140.4 million on a reported basis) and an adjusted diluted net income per share of $5.31 ($4.50 on a reported basis). This was the eighth consecutive year of record results for the Bank on an adjusted basis.
About Laurentian Bank
Laurentian Bank of Canada is a banking institution whose activities extend across Canada. The Bank serves one and a half million clients throughout the country and employs more than 3,700 people whose talent and dedication has made it a major player in numerous market segments. The Bank has more than $37 billion in balance sheet assets and more than $42 billion in assets under administration.
Laurentian Bank distinguishes itself through the excellence and simplicity in its services. As such, the Bank caters to the needs of retail clients via its branch network and virtual offerings. The Bank has also earned a solid reputation among small and medium sized enterprises and real estate developers thanks to its specialized teams across Canada, namely in Ontario, Québec, Alberta, British Columbia and Nova Scotia. For their part, B2B Bank is a Canadian leader in providing banking and investment products and services to financial advisors and brokers, while the expertise and effectiveness of Laurentian Bank Securities' integrated brokerage services are known nationwide.
SOURCE Laurentian Bank of Canada
For further information:
Public Affairs, Communications and Investor Relations
514 284-4500, extension 7511