vHub is a tool to modernize the trucking industry.
BOUCHERVILLE, QC, April 30, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - Trucking companies operate 15% to 25% of their distance annually with completely empty trailers. In addition, the industry has an average of 3 trailers per tractor. That's why vHub, launched at Expocam in April 2019 in Montreal, is a platform for the trucking industry to take advantage of this capacity. vHub means intelligent trailer sharing! vHub brings commercial trailer owners and renters together on a single digital platform that allows them to optimize the use of their trailers for commercial purposes. Deployed in the Metropolitan Montreal market, vHub already has over 5,000 trailers registered by owners on its platform and has booked more than 3,000 rental days.
vHub is available 24/7 online and through its mobile application on Google Play and App Store. This application was designed by a multidisciplinary team of professionals from Finloc 2000, a financial services firm that has served the transportation industry for over 40 years, and highly talented developers from Quebec.
In its current version, vHub offers the following features:
- Make trailers available to the transportation community;
- Generate lease agreements between parties;
- Automate renters billing and fund transfer to owners;
- Present renters insurance coverage to owners;
- Document a detailed departure and return inspection using the mobile app; and
- Optimize the use of existing telematics systems on trailers.
vHub allows trailer owners to:
- Generate revenue from unused trailers;
- Reduce operating costs by avoiding empty distances to reposition their fleet; and
- Gain additional revenue through a fully automated digital experience without increasing workload.
vHub allows trailer tenants to:
- Find and rent trailers close to their needs to avoid empty distances;
- Avoid calling multiple rental centres or transportation companies to find a trailer; and
- Simplify management of the rental process by centralizing all reservations, invoices and rental history in a single web portal.
"At Finloc 2000, our mission is to contribute to the success of the trucking industry. vHub technology allows unprecedented collaboration between owners and renters. The digital platform will reduce empty travel distances and increase carriers' profitability." – Sébastien Blouin, President
According to Charles Dutil, President and CEO of Manac, Canada's largest manufacturer of semi-trailers, "This new solution could redefine the transportation industry and its efficiency and therefore the performance of its stakeholders. There are several potential benefits: reduction of road congestion, infrastructure wear-and-tear and greenhouse gas emissions."
"In addition to being a remarkable project, the vHub platform is really reinventing its industry. The unique combination of our technological expertise and Finloc 2000's expertise in transportation are the strength of this new digital product," says Albert Dang-Vu, Mirego's Co-President and Chief Executive Officer
Link to the application:
On iOS and Android, search for: vHub
vHub is a division of Finloc 2000 Inc., a financial services firm specializing in freight transportation equipment. Since its foundation, Finloc 2000 has stood out by supporting the growth of a number of transportation companies. Speed and simplicity are at the heart of its values, which has allowed it to build a solid reputation as a business partner. In addition to its head office in St-Georges, Quebec, Finloc 2000 has offices in Boucherville, Etobicoke and Calgary.
For further information: Francis Roy, Vice President vHub, [email protected], 1 866 634-6562