The world's largest industrial auctioneer will sell dredges, barges, tug boats, excavators and more as part of a complete dispersal for Disch Construction Co. in Newark, New Jersey
NEWARK, NJ, Dec. 9, 2014 /CNW/ - Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE andTSX: RBA), the world's largest industrial auctioneer, will sell a large selection of marine construction and dredging equipment at its first-ever unreserved public auction in Newark, New Jersey on the water at the owner's facility on Friday, December 19, 2014. The unique selection of equipment in the auction includes:
- A 82.8 x 39.9 foot dredge rig barge (Manitowoc Shipbuilding) with a Marion M111 crane;
- A 500 cubic-yard 112 x 45 x 8 foot dredge rig barge (Port Weller Dry Dock Ltd.) with a Marion M111 crane;
- A 2750 cubic-yard,171 x 46 x 46 foot hopper barge (Senesco);
- Two 2200 cubic-yard, 171 x 43 x16 foot hopper barges (Wiley Manufacturing Co.);
- A 70 x 26 x 4.5 foot steel crane barge (Union Dry Dock & Repair);
- A 53.8-foot tug boat (Diesel Shipbuilding Co.); and
- A 48.8-foot tug boat (Bellinger Shipbuilding Co.).
All equipment in the auction will be sold for New Jersey-based Disch Construction Co.
"This is a unique opportunity for anyone in the marine construction and dredging sectors to get quality used equipment," said Moe Iacoboni, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers. "Just like all our auctions, every item will be sold unreserved—no minimum bids or reserve prices. Everything will sell to the highest bidders on auction day."
Other equipment highlights in the auction include:
- A 400 cubic-yard 90 x 30 x 8 foot steel barge (Buchanan Marine LP);
- A 400 cubic-yard 90 x 30 x 8 foot steel barge (Intercoastal Marine Equipment);
- A selection of excavators;
- And much more.
For more information about the equipment in the auction, please visit www.rbauction.com or call the auction site at +1.410.287.4330 or Mark Van Sciver at +1.201.294.1009.
- Auction location: 8 Doremus Ave., Newark, New Jersey, 07105
- Date & time: Friday, December 19, 2014, starting at 10 a.m. local time
- Auction site telephone: +1.410.287.4330
- Richie Bros. Representative: Mark Van Sciver at +1.201.294.1009
- The auction is open to the public; registration to bid is free
- How to register and bid:
- Online at rbauction.com – register online in advance and bid online in real time on auction day; a refundable bid deposit may be required; first-time bidders should register several days in advance of the auction
- In person at the auction site; on-site registration opens Saturday, December 13
- By proxy – phone the auction site to place a proxy bid
- All dredges, barges, tug boats and equipment are available for inspection by appointment until December 12. From December 13 – 18, inspection is available 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (local time) at the auction location listed above.
- Full auction and equipment details, specifications and photos are available at www.rbauction.com
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE andTSX: RBA) is the world's largest seller of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, material handling, energy, mining, forestry, marine and other industries. Ritchie Bros. TM solutions make it easy for the world's builders to buy and sell equipment with confidence, including live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding (rbauction.com), the EquipmentOneTM secure online marketplace (EquipmentOne.com), a professional corporate asset management program, and a range of value-added services, including equipment financing for customers through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services (rbauctionfinance.com). Ritchie Bros. has operations in more than 25 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at RitchieBros.com.
ATTENTION MEDIA: Photos of the barges, tug boats, excavators and other media resources are available for use at http://www.rbauction.com/media. Members of the public and the media can follow Ritchie Bros. on Twitter @RitchieBros.
SOURCE: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information: José Vargas, Corporate Communications Lead, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Phone: +1.778.331.5439, Email: CorpComm@rbauction.com; Moe Iacoboni, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers,Phone: +1.410.490.7700