CALGARY, AB, June 22, 2020 /CNW/ - Landmark Cinemas will welcome back Movie Lovers to the big-screen movie-going experience at select theatres in Alberta on Friday, June 26th. On July 3rd, all locations in Alberta and BC will be open to Movie Lovers. Landmark's theatres located in Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan will remain closed until provincial and municipal health authorities permit their safe and practical reopening. A list of theatre locations, and opening dates, follows.
In partnership with North America's leading film distributors, Movie Lovers will be able to enjoy a selection of classic movies for all audiences that were meant to be seen on the big-screen such as Jurassic Park, Jaws, The Empire Strikes Back, Wonder Woman, and ET: The Extra-Terrestrial. All classic movies are just $5.00 every day, and $2.99 on Tuesdays (including applicable taxes). Pricing also applies to classic movies experienced in Landmark's exclusive Laser Ultra premium large format (PLF) experience, XTREME, and IMAX®.
Moviegoers may purchase their tickets at landmarkcinemas.com or on the Atom app. Full offer details are available at https://www.landmarkcinemas.com/5moviedeal. Showtimes and tickets are on sale now for Landmark's six Alberta locations opening Friday, June 26th. Tickets go on sale Tuesday, June 30th for theatres opening July 3rd.
Landmark will implement the health and safety measures of the applicable provincial and municipal governments to provide movie-goers with a safe and enjoyable movie-going experience. We ask Movie Lovers join us in doing their part to protect members of their community, including our employees, by staying home if they are experiencing any symptoms. In addition to those noted here, Movie Lovers may review Landmark's enhanced health and safety policies and preview their movie-going experience at https://www.landmarkcinemas.com/moviesarebettertogether.
- Providing physical distancing by:
- Reducing available seating by at least 50% and maintaining reserved seating to ensure distancing is organized.
- Reducing showtimes and increasing the time between showtimes to eliminate congestion in the lobby areas
- Requesting moviegoers arrive no sooner than 20 minutes prior to their movie's showtime
- Providing concession queue lines with floor markers for distancing within each lane
- Requiring moviegoers to follow the instructions of the Landmark Cast member or directional signage and exit by row to ensure proper physical distancing. Alternative exit paths will be used wherever possible to minimize overlap with arriving Guests.
- Requiring that family members or cohorts as permitted by provincial health authorities seat themselves within the block of adjoining seats – but please remember to respect physical distancing of your fellow Guests
- Enhancing health and safety by:
- Auditoriums, seating surfaces, washrooms and common areas will be disinfected with Vital Oxide. Completely odorless and 100% biodegradable Vital Oxide has been proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria and has been approved by Health Canada for use against SARS-CoV-2, the Coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
- Creating the position of Hygiene Officer, responsible for ensuring that all health and cleaning procedures are completed to specification.
- Implementing a Fit for Work policy requiring each Cast member to complete a health assessment questionnaire prior to each shift to confirm that they are symptom-free.
- Requiring Cast to sanitize and wipe down their service area prior to serving each Guest
- Requiring all employees to wear PPE including face masks and gloves in select positions. All PPE is provided by Landmark Cinemas at no cost to its employees.
- Requiring all employees to wash their hands every 30 minutes
- Rigorous cleaning of high touch areas and auditoriums between shows
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout the lobby areas
- Installation of protective barriers
- Encouraging moviegoers to purchase ticket in advance at landmarkcinemas.com or the ATOM ticketing and use contactless payment in-theatre
Landmark's Fort McMurray and Surrey Guildford theatres will debut the company's exclusive Laser Ultra premium large format (PLF) experience upon re-opening. This state-of-the-art sound and projection experience features Barco's laser projection system, for superior image quality, coupled with immersive DOLBY Atmos® sound which produces breathtaking sound quality that puts movie-goers in the action, creating a truly immersive experience.
- June 26
- Calgary – Market Mall, Country Hills, Shawnessy
- Edmonton – St. Albert, Spruce Grove
- Fort McMurray – Eagle Ridge
- July 3
- Edmonton – Edmonton City Centre
- Sylvan Lake
- Drayton Valley
- July 3
- Campbell River
- Dawson Creek
- Fort St. John
- Kelowna, Grand 10
- New Westminster
- Port Alberni
- Surrey, Guildford
- West Kelowna, Encore
- West Kelowna, Xtreme
About Landmark Cinemas Canada:
A subsidiary of Kinepolis Group NV, Belgium, Landmark is Canada's second largest motion picture, theatre exhibition company. From a single screen in 1965, today Landmark Cinemas welcomes Movie Lovers to share their love of movies and enjoy a perfect movie-going experience in 46 cinemas and 330 screens throughout Western Canada, Ontario and the Yukon Territory. We are connected to the communities we serve, and our Cast and Crew are proud to support Kids Help Phone. As a National Sponsor of the Walk So Kids Can Talk, through promotional support and fundraising initiatives in our theatres, we are committed to support the mental health and well-being of both our youth Guests and Cast & Crew. Landmark's corporate headquarters is in Calgary, Alberta.
SOURCE Landmark Cinemas
For further information: Bill Walker, CEO, Landmark Cinemas Canada, is available for interview. Submit requests to: [email protected]