Stay organized and stress free with the Brother P-touch labeller
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX, QC, Nov. 19, 2013 /CNW/ - The holidays are bustling with parties, shopping, baking and decorating leaving us with little time for anything else. A recent survey by Leger and Brother Canada revealed that 86 per cent of Canadians want to save time this holiday season. With tips from Brother and certified professional organizer, Hellen Buttigieg, Canadians can give themselves the gift of time thanks to the Brother P-touch labeller - perfect for baking holiday treats, wrapping gifts, decorating your home and entertaining more easily.
"The holidays can be very overwhelming and stressful time of year, but they don't have to be," says Hellen Buttigieg, author of Organizing Outside of the Box. "Labelling is not just for the label retentive - it can help everyone save time and stay organized, allowing them to focus on what really matters, rather than untangling their holiday lights."
Nearly 80 per cent of Canadian women agree that labelling items such as holiday décor would save them time and help them be more organized, and 73 per cent agree that clearly labelled boxes would help them find things more easily in storage.
"We've all experienced the frustration of not being able to find the ornaments and gift wrap supplies buried away in the basement or garage," adds Buttigieg. "Rather than playing a losing game of hide-and-seek, use the Brother P-touch labeller to help you neatly pack away and clearly mark each box with the item, colour and type, making every year's holiday decorating and wrapping quick and easy!"
Buttigieg suggests other ways the Brother P-touch labeller can help simply your life during the holidays.
In the kitchen:
- Label all your holiday baking supplies so you're never caught confusing cinnamon and nutmeg again (56 per cent of Canadians think that labelling would help them better organize their holiday baking supplies)
- Label containers of homemade holiday treats stored in the freezer so you can have them ready for guests… both expected and surprise
- Organize containers of holiday wrap, ribbon and bows by colour and type so you can easily identify the perfect packaging for your gifts
- Place indoor and outdoor lights in separate, clear storage boxes and clearly label the area of your home they are used for - making decorating a cinch!
- Make gift tags - perfect for Secret Santa to disguise your handwriting - and avoid confusion about which gift belongs to whom (56 per cent agree labelling would help prevent mix-ups with gifts)
- Create elegant name cards for each place setting at dinner parties
- Help guests differentiate between Brie and Camembert by labelling each variety on your cheese plate with festive ceramic picks or create "flags" with red and green toothpicks
After all the gifts are unwrapped and the festivities wind down, there's an opportunity to clear the clutter in your home and get ready for a fresh new year. Canadians agree: 64 per cent say that a labeller would help them get organized after the holidays. Focus on areas of your home that need a little TLC like the junk drawer, front closet, the kids' playroom, basement and tool shed. Put things away neatly in containers or boxes, organized by type/size/purpose, and use the Brother P-touch labeller to clearly mark the contents - making your home organized and tidy.
The P-touch also makes a great gift for the "organizer wannabe" or neat freak on your list and is available in a variety of models at Staples stores across Canada or on brother.ca starting from $39.99.
*About the Survey:
The survey was completed online from Tuesday, October 8, 2013, to Thursday, October 10, 2013, with a sample of 1,501 Canadians using Leger's online panel, LegerWeb,.
About Brother International Corporation (Canada)
Brother Canada was established in Montreal in 1960 and is part of a network of companies belonging to Brother Industries Ltd., a six billion dollar (USD) company headquartered in Nagoya, Japan that employs more than 29,000 people in 44 countries and regions. Brother markets a wide range of reliable and affordable equipment for business and home, and is known for employing great people who deliver a superior customer experience.
Recent awards include PC Mag Reader's Choice Award for five consecutive years and the internationally recognized iF Product Design Award 2011 that recognized seven products for innovation and quality of design. Visit us at www.brother.ca
Image with caption: "The Brother P-touch label maker is the perfect tool for getting organized and saving time this holiday season. It also makes a great gift for the "label retentive" person on your list, and is available at Staples stores nation-wide or at www.brother.ca. The PTD200 retails for $49.99. (CNW Group/Brother International Corporation (Canada) Ltd.)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131119_C8697_PHOTO_EN_33539.jpg
SOURCE: Brother International Corporation (Canada) Ltd.
For further information:
For interviews or further information, please contact:
Email: [email protected]