Kraft Heinz Canada biggest customer of Leamington's Highbury Canco
TORONTO, June 28, 2018 /CNW/ - This weekend, Kraft Heinz Canada will join Canadians in celebrating Canada Day and our country's 151st birthday. With more than a 100-year history in Canada, Kraft Heinz Canada and its local manufacturing partners – including Leamington's Highbury Canco - produce products worth more than $2 billion at your local grocer and collectively employ thousands of Canadians across the country.
"When people come together this weekend and the conversation turns to tariffs and trade, it's important that they know that as a global food company, Kraft Heinz is strongly in favour of free trade and the powerful benefits it delivers to both workers and consumers in Canada and the U.S.," said Av Maharaj, Vice President of Corporate and Legal Affairs at Kraft Heinz Canada.
"Kraft Heinz has deep roots in Canada and in addition to our wholly-owned facilities in Ontario and Quebec, we partner with more than a dozen local Canadian manufacturers across the country, including Highbury Canco in Leamington, Ontario to produce dozens of products for the Canadian market," continued Maharaj.
"Highbury Canco and the entire community of Leamington are committed to the long-term success of all of our customers, including Kraft Heinz, who depend on our facility to produce leading products in Canada," said Sam Diab, President and CEO, Highbury Canco Corp. "We're proud of our success and our collective contribution to Ontario's economy."
Key Facts: Kraft Heinz Canada
- Kraft Heinz Canada is the country's largest food and beverage manufacturer, with more than 2,000 people employed at our facilities across the country and thousands more indirectly through long-term partnerships with local Canadian manufacturers.
- Canadian operations include manufacturing plants in Mount Royal, QC and Ingleside, ON. In addition, Kraft Heinz Canada works with 14 external manufacturing partners across the country including Highbury Canco in Leamington, ON.
- The company is committed to sustainable operations through an ongoing focus on its supply chain, the environment, its products and the communities that it serves.
- Kraft Heinz Canada is making a positive change in the fight to end hunger and has provided more than $50 million in food donations to food banks all over Canada in the last five years. Since 2003, we have also contributed more than $3.5 million in funding to Food Banks Canada and the North York Harvest Food Bank. We have also packed over 350 000 meals for those in need around the world through our partnership with Rise Against Hunger.
- Community Investment: Together, Kraft Hockeyville and Kraft Heinz Project Play have invested $6.7 million to support over 179 Canadian communities to build better places to play.
- Kraft Heinz has given $275,000 to support partner initiatives through Ronald McDonald House Charities, President's Choice Children's Charity and Tim Horton Children's Foundation. We have also contributed $400,000 through a partnership with SickKids to raise awareness of the importance of food allergies.
About the Kraft Heinz Company
The Kraft Heinz Company (NASDAQ: KHC) is the fifth largest food and beverage company in the world – a result of the merger between Kraft Foods Group and H.J. Heinz Company. A globally trusted producer of delicious food, Kraft Heinz Company provides high quality, great taste and nutrition for all eating occasions. Kraft Heinz Canada, composed of its portfolio of iconic brands including Kraft, Heinz, Cracker Barrel, Classico, Philadelphia, Renée's Gourmet, Maxwell House and Nabob is the #1 food and beverage and the #1 foodservice company in the country and our products are found in more than 90% of Canadian households. Kraft Heinz is dedicated to the sustainable health of our people, our planet and our Company. For more information, visit www.kraftheinzcompany.com.
SOURCE Kraft Heinz Canada
For further information: Media Contact: Jeff Roman, Mobile: 416-346-5157, Email: [email protected]