Solution adds additional stability for thousands of high-profile Canadian websites
TORONTO, May 12, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - Canadian web services firm Korax has selected the .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS solution to deliver DNS infrastructure services to thousands of customers in Canada. Korax deployed D-Zone rapidly to add a resilient and reliable DNS to its service offerings, improving protection from DDoS attacks and reducing latency for Canadian websites.
- Korax needed a DNS infrastructure with exceptional uptime that could help protect a high-profile portfolio of customers from DDoS attacks. .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS delivers a prudent layer of protection for websites or web applications serving the Canadian market.
- With support from the .CA team, Korax was able to turn-on the service for thousands of customers in a matter of minutes. .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS is deployed using a simple API or bulk upload that allows hosting companies to integrate the service quickly into their administrative back-end. This newly resilient infrastructure helps all of Korax's customers, from the largest with over 10,000 employees to smaller local retailers.
- As a Canadian hosting company, Korax and its customers see the value of an Internet infrastructure that keeps Canadian data close to home from an initial web query, through a visitor's interaction on the website. By linking a network of DNS servers throughout Canada to a set of global nodes, the .CA D-Zone Anycast DNS offers the most comprehensive and responsive DNS infrastructure for companies doing business in Canada.
- Damaging cyberattacks can happen to anyone and companies managing high-value web properties need advanced tools to help mitigate online threats. This is especially true for organizations with highly political or transactional websites, such as election campaigns, police forces or e-commerce companies.
"A global anycast solution with a uniquely Canadian footprint can help companies doing business in Canada increase their website performance and protect their online assets from cyberattacks. Website hosting companies like Korax can quickly add D-Zone to bolster their infrastructure, providing a significant competitive advantage. The service can be online in minutes regardless of the size of the customer-base, allowing companies to immediately improve DNS response and resilience. As a proudly Canadian company, Korax was a great fit for .CA."
- Dave Chiswell, vice president of product for the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
"We had been searching for an anycast DNS solution to integrate into our service. None of the other offerings we looked at were quite right for us. D-Zone came along at the right time, and it was a perfect fit: a Canadian solution, backed by the expertise of CIRA, designed to protect Canadian traffic and deliver the best performance to our clients' Canadian visitors. We're excited to provide the benefits of D-Zone Anycast DNS to all our customers, and we applaud CIRA's initiatives to foster a stronger and more resilient Canadian Internet infrastructure."
- Alex Bulan, Operations Manager and co-founder of Korax
- Free trial: test D-Zone live and see if it can help your organization
- Case study: Korax Web Hosting
- Whitepaper: Anatomy of a DDoS Attack against the DNS
Korax is a Canadian provider of web hosting, email, dedicated servers, and domain name services. Korax clients include businesses, government, community groups and non-profit organizations, web developers, and hosting resellers.
About CIRA and .CA
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A Member-driven organization, CIRA also develops and implements policies that support Canada's Internet community, and represents the .CA registry internationally.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: or interview requests: Ryan Saxby Hill, Communications Manager, CIRA, [email protected], 613-316-2397