Organizations can now empower business analysts with data mining and predictive analytics for making informed business decisions
TORONTO, Sept. 27, 2012 /CNW/ - Angoss Software Corporation (Angoss) (TSXV: ANC) today announced the availability of KnowledgeEXCELERATOR, a powerful visual data discovery and prediction tool for business analysts and knowledge workers who commonly use Microsoft® Excel to analyze and understand their business data.
Marketers, managers and business intelligence users continue to mine for valuable insight hidden in the voluminous data within their businesses to improve revenue performance and make actionable decisions. These users require affordable tools that allow them to easily understand, visualize and uncover the predictive power of their data without relying on quantitative analysts or statisticians to perform this analysis.
What is the Predictive Power of Your Data?
KnowledgeEXCELERATOR allows business intelligence users to rapidly import large data sets directly from Excel or any database to segment, classify and visualize their data—and uncover the predictive power of their data. The tool guides business users through visual data discovery and prediction of their own data with an intuitive user interface. Users apply the basics of data mining and predictive analytics with step by step guided workflow without needing to create models, understand complex algorithms or program code.
KnowledgeEXCELERATOR guides users to discover, predict and visualize their data:
- Discover to view the basic characteristics of your data, find interesting patterns, segments, and calculate summary statistics. Visually understand, segment and summarize your data.
- Predict to identify the main variables of interest and discover which variables can be used to predict outcome. Decision Trees visually represent the predictive power of your data.
- Visualize to illustrate your data discovery with interactive charts that you can customize, edit, organize and save for use in reporting.
Comments on the News:
- "KnowledgeExcelerator's intuitive interface will help propel business analysts forward, right out of the box," commented Emma Warrillow, President, Data Insight Group Inc. (DiG). "It has powerful capabilities that allow business users who are comfortable working in Excel to explore their data at the next level."
- "There has been a seismic shift in demand for data mining and predictive analytics tools in the business intelligence community," remarked Martin Galligan, President and CEO of Angoss. "To stay competitive in today's data driven marketplace, organizations must enable their line of business analysts to drive greater insight with data discovery through predictive analytics. KnowledgeEXCELERATOR empowers business analysts to discover the predictive power of their data in real time without seeking help from statisticians that have traditionally served these users with advanced analytical tools. Business analysts will find KnowledgeEXCELERATOR to be a refreshing complement to their business intelligence workbench in terms of usability, affordability and visual appeal."
Key Features of KnowledgeEXCELERATOR
- Excel plug-in allows users to quickly import large data files directly from Excel or connect directly to any database through ODBC with one click in stand-alone mode.
- Step by step guided workflow directs business users who are not familiar with data mining or predictive analytics through discovering the characteristics of their data, finding patterns and identifying the best predictors.
- Intuitive, simple and visual user interface allows business users to rapidly understand their data and uncover the predictive power of their data without specialized training or relying on data scientists. No programming skills are required.
- Powerful data mining and predictive analytics engine for sophisticated and advanced data discovery and prediction.
- Decision Trees enable the simple, visual understanding of the predictive power of your data, and the relationships among predictive variables present in your data.
- Visual data discovery is interactive and customizable with colorful charts that you can edit, save and organize for reporting use.
Pricing and Availability
KnowledgeEXCELERATOR will retail for $1,495 with discounts available for volume purchases. The product is available immediately from Angoss' website and as a free 7 day trial. Users can preview KnowledgeEXCELERATOR on their own data by visiting www.whatsinyourdata.com.
About Angoss Software Corporation
Angoss is a global leader in delivering predictive analytics to businesses looking to improve performance across sales, marketing and risk. With a suite of desktop, client-server and big data analytics software products and Cloud solutions, Angoss delivers powerful approaches to turn information into actionable business decisions and competitive advantage. Angoss software products and solutions are user-friendly and agile, making predictive analytics accessible and easy to use. Many of the world's leading financial services, insurance, retail, health care and information communication and technology organizations use Angoss predictive analytics software products and solutions to grow revenue, increase sales productivity and improve marketing effectiveness while reducing risk and cost. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Angoss has offices in the United States and United Kingdom. For more information, visit www.angoss.com.
This press release includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Forward looking statements relate to analyses and other information that are based on forecasts of future results and estimates of amounts not yet determinable. These statements may involve, but are not limited to, comments relating to preliminary results, guidance, strategies, expectations, planned operations or future actions. Forward-looking statements are identified by the use of terms and phrases such as "preliminary", "anticipate", "believe", "could", "estimate", "expect", "intend", "may", "plan", "predict", "project", "will", "would", and similar terms and phrases, including references to assumptions.
Forward-looking statements, by their nature, are based on assumptions, including those described herein and are subject to important risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements cannot be relied upon due to, amongst other things, changing external events and general uncertainties of the business. Actual results may differ materially from results indicated in forward-looking statements due to a number of factors, including without limitation: the risk that the sale of our products and services involves a long sales cycle; the risk that the economic environment and business conditions will remain difficult to predict; the risk of competition in our target markets; the risk that we may not respond adequately to evolving technologies; the risk that we or our customers may have difficulties in introducing our products or services; the risk that we will encounter difficulties in continuing to offer services; the risks of conducting our operations in a variety of international locations; the risks relating to the costs that we may incur as a result of litigation against us; the risk of future capital needs and uncertainty of additional financing; the risk of the need for the Company to manage its planned growth and expansion; the risk of the effects of product development and need for continued technology change; the risk of protection of proprietary rights; the effect of government regulation and compliance on the Company and the industry; network security risks; the risk of the ability of the Company to maintain properly working systems; the risk of reliance on key personnel; the risk of volatile securities markets impacting security pricing unrelated to operating performance; as well as the factors identified throughout this news release and those identified in section entitled "Risks and Uncertainties" of the Company's MD&A filed on www.sedar.com. The forward-looking statements contained in this news release represent the Company's expectations as of the date of this news release (or as of the date they are otherwise stated to be made), and are subject to change after such date. However, the Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable securities regulations.
Note: Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
SOURCE: ANGOSS Software Corporation
For further information:
Vice President, Marketing