New service from the Canadian Internet Registration Authority offers tools for the modern gTLDs business
OTTAWA, Sept. 22, 2016 /CNW/ - Today, Dot Kiwi Limited, registry for the New Zealand based gTLD .KIWI, announced that it has selected the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) to provide back-end registry services. CIRA's new Fury Registry Platform brings .KIWI a flexible series of pricing, promotion, and domain management tools to help them run their business and grow their registry.
- With more than 1000 new gTLDs now available, the global domain business is more competitive than ever. Innovative new gTLDs like .KIWI are looking to deliver real value to Internet users with unique ways to brand themselves online.
- The Fury Registry Platform builds on CIRA's more than 20 years of experience managing the .CA domain and brings TLD operators enhanced features to support a modern TLD business. Many features can be adjusted on-demand, without technical interventions, allowing marketing and finance teams to directly manage and report on a domains promotional activity.
- The powerful new Fury tags feature allows operators to apply advanced business rules to individual domains or domain groupings. For example, operators can set pricing for premium domains and run short-terms promotions and pricing incentives to help drive their business. With the ability to quickly change pricing, offer promotions with channel partners, easily change domain registration periods, and enable a reserved name strategy, Fury gives operators unprecedented control over how they take their product to market.
- The Fury platform combines CIRA's expertise running a top-level registry and managing a global DNS service to offer a full software, service, and infrastructure solution, simplifying business operations for TLD operators around the world.
"After reviewing the global market for back-end TLD solutions, CIRA is the only provider that offers us the agility to run our business the way we need it to be run. As a new gTLD it is essential that we have the right balance of flexibility and simplicity in our back-end that allows us to experiment with pricing and promotions going forward, while providing our customers with the quality of service they deserve. CIRA is the only provider that delivers a system driven by the need for modern technology and business innovation, and when coupled with world-class management and support teams, it was a very straightforward decision for us."
- Angus Richardson, Managing Director, Dot Kiwi Limited
"As a domain operator ourselves, we understand that this business is rapidly changing. TLDs need to ensure that they have every tool possible to help them price and promote their offerings competitively. We designed the Fury Registry Services Platform with the flexibility and agility that we know TLD operators need to compete."
- Dave Chiswell, Vice President of Product Development at CIRA
- See it in action: Contact CIRA for a demo of the Fury Registry Platform
- Learn more: Find out what makes CIRA's solution unique
- Get your .KIWI: Visit hello.kiwi to search for your domain
.KIWI is a domain name created by Kiwis, for Kiwis. Launched in 2014, .KIWI provides an exciting opportunity for Kiwis wishing to be associated with New Zealand on the Internet, or via their email address. By providing Kiwi organisations and individuals greater choice, branding creativity and the opportunity to differentiate themselves from competitors, it is easily understood why .KIWI has become the domain of choice for Kiwis both at home, and abroad.
About the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing ccTLDs, a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world's most advanced back-end registry solutions.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: Ryan Saxby Hill, [email protected], 613-316-2397