New automotive destination provides a simpler and more convenient car shopping experience
TORONTO, Oct. 11, 2018 /CNW/ - Kijiji, the number one classifieds site in Canada1, is leveraging the automotive leadership it has built since 2005 to announce the launch of Kijiji Autos, an automotive property created to make car shopping easier for all Canadians. With its own app and website – Kijiji Autos is a new automotive destination for Canadians to research and find new or used, private or dealer, cars and trucks. Kijiji Autos will be available to Canadian car shoppers before the end of the year.
The launch of Kijiji Autos as a distinct new automotive property is a first for eBay Classifieds Group (eCG). It was clear to look to Canada first because of Kijiji's unique position as a top 10 digital property, the #1classifieds site, and the #1automotive site2. As part of eCG, Kijiji benefits from the insights of other online marketplaces with the shared vision to improve car shopping for both buyers and sellers around the world.
"Our goal at Kijiji has always been to help Canadians make connections and to find what they need within their community," said Matthew McKenzie, General Manager at Kijiji. "Cars and trucks has always been one of the top categories on Kijiji and we've enabled countless Canadians to buy or sell vehicles for more than a decade. Through developing a new digital destination, we want to further help in the car buying journey."
Matthew McKenzie continued:
"We recognize that for some, car shopping is really fun, while for others it can be a lot of work. Whether you're a less experienced shopper who needs more information and guidance during the car shopping process, or a car lover who knows what you want and simply want to find it faster, we want Kijiji Autos to help you find to the vehicle for you, through an easy-to-use, transparent and enjoyable user experience."
About Kijiji Autos:
- A New Destination: While Kijiji Autos includes an all-new web and app experience that is separate from the existing Kijiji platform, users can still easily access Kijiji Autos using their existing Kijiji accounts.
- Simpler Shopping Experience: Kijiji Autos offers an easier and more seamless shopping experience that is completely dedicated to cars and trucks. With discovery features – including vehicle recommendations to suit your lifestyle, browse by body type, browse by make and comprehensive search filters – the car shopping experience will be more convenient and intuitive than before.
- More Transparency Features: Kijiji Autos will roll out features to help shoppers more confidently determine if they want to see a vehicle in person. Dealer ratings and reviews and an unparalleled price analysis tool for pre-owned vehicles, will provide more information to car shoppers to ultimately help shorten the path between searching and buying.
- Comprehensive Vehicle Inventory: Through Kijiji Autos, Canadians can access a vast inventory of new, used, certified pre-owned and classic cars. Kijiji's existing inventory of 493K* cars and trucks listings, including 115K* new vehicles, will be available on Kijiji Autos.
"The autos industry has rapidly changed over the last few years and we've worked tirelessly to elevate the brand, develop the right product and partnerships, and assemble the best talent," said Leanne Kripp, Director of Autos at Kijiji. "We constantly ask for feedback from our community of users and dealer partners, and that feedback is what's driven the evoluton of our brand. What we heard was clear – Canadians want a better car shopping experience. Building on the success and learnings from our eCG family, we felt this was the right moment to do something disruptive in Canada. We're confident that Kijiji Autos will provide a more thoughtful experience for Canadian car shoppers, our dealer partners and private sellers."
Leanne Kripp continued:
"We know that by making it easier for Canadians to shop, we are also making it easier for Canadians to sell. By leveraging the 16.8M monthly users on Kijiji and investing in the growth of the car-focused audience that can exist on Kijiji Autos, we can connect the full spectrum of car shoppers – low, mid and high funnel automotive seekers – to dealers and sellers, creating more opportunities for buyers and sellers to transact successfully in their communities."
More information will be available on kijijiautos.ca
Canadian dealers are invited to sign-up for the Kijiji Autos Insider Program to get the latest updates about Kijiji Autos and can do so through their local Kijiji Sales representative.
* Disclaimer: *Number of listings is calculated as the average of the individual day's live ad counts (the highest number of ads live on such a day) over the 7 days leading up to October 2, 2018. The number of live ads on the site may vary at any given time. The average number of live ads referenced is for informational purposes only.
Kijiji, which means "village" in Swahili, is the number one classifieds website in Canada, connecting over 16.8 million buyers and sellers each month. Kijiji offers Canadians an easy way to buy and sell and find apartments, jobs and services on a local level. At any given time, there are more than 6 million listings on the network and two new ads are posted on Kijiji every second of every day. Kijiji makes it easy for Canadians to find exactly what they're looking for in their own community.
About eBay Classifieds Group
eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds, with 10 brands in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
1 comScore, Media Metrix, August 2018, Canada
2 comScore, Media Metrix, August 2018, Canada
For further information: Veronica Bart, Veritas Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org; Julia Des Islets, Veritas Communications, email@example.com