Famous Fashionista dishes the latest grooming trends for pets with Pet Expressions
TORONTO, April 23, 2014 /CNW/ - She's got an eye for furry fashion trends. Television show host, actress and sought-after fashion designer Kelly Osbourne is spotting trends for PetSmart Canada® and its new line of creative grooming services, Pet Expressions. Designed for pets with personality, the new, temporary, pet-safe chalking, stenciling and feathering services in the PetSmart salon give dogs of all shapes and sizes a mega dose of style and glam.
Whether keeping up with trends or creating an individual, seasonal look, Pet Expressions helps dogs and their parents share fun, fashion-forward moments together. No one knows that better than Osbourne, who is a pet parent to Willy, Story and Sidney.
"I'm known for holding nothing back when it comes to my style and my opinion, and I love extending that critical eye to fashion for my three beloved dogs," Osbourne said. "Each of my dogs has its own personality, and PetSmart's Pet Expressions helps them stand out and steal the spotlight."
The Hot and Not So Hot in Pet Grooming
Not only does grooming look good, it helps pets stay healthy, too. Osbourne shares the "hot or not" tips and trends she's learned while working with PetSmart grooming experts.
- Party-Ready Colors: Pet Expressions provides temporary, non-toxic, creative ways to coordinate looks using temporary color accents and accessories. Try team colors or holiday shapes.
- A Special Touch: Whether it's a trendy feather or pet-safe nail polish, give people a little something extra to talk about!
- Coats That Shine: Brushing removes dead hair, stimulates the skin and evenly distributes natural oils. The result? Individual hairs lie more smoothly, look shinier and repel dirt. That's in!
- So Fresh and Clean: Baths keep dogs smelling fresh and skin clean for those close party encounters. Dirty skin can cause dogs to scratch and lick - a party faux pas!
- Pampered Pups: A full PetSmart grooming service goes nose to tail, addressing areas like ears, glands and pads that can be overlooked. Spoiling a pet never felt so good!
What's Not Hot?
- Matted Fur: Not only are mats painful, but they can cause skin diseases or parasites. To reduce these chances, brush on a regular basis to remove loose hair and keep the skin clean.
- Unkempt Nails: Too-long of nails can become irritating and painful to a dog. They can also cause the feet to splay or spread, and nails might curl and grow into a dog's pads.
- Dry Skin: Bathing or grooming too much can dry out dogs' skin. Follow guidelines by your specific dog's breed or check with a PetSmart grooming expert.
- Bad Breath: Dental hygiene is a must - 80 percent of domestic dogs three years and older are affected by gum infections, which can be prevented with regular teeth cleaning at your vet. Keep that smile healthy!
"Grooming is essential to a pet's health and happiness, and Pet Expressions brings color and personality to the process," said Anne Dament (@ServicesVP_Anne), PetSmart's vice president of services. "Kelly's eye for style and love of dogs make her the perfect partner to share Pet Expressions' fun and fabulous grooming options with pet parents and their dogs."
For more information about Pet Expressions, visit http://pets.petsmart.com/services/grooming/dog-grooming-services/pet-expressions/index.shtml.
PetSmart Canada is the largest specialty pet retailer in North America with products and services for every type of pet. For more information on products, deals and store hours, visit www.petsmart.com.
About PetSmart Canada
PetSmart, Inc. (NASDAQ: PETM) is the largest specialty pet retailer of services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets and is a leading online provider of pet supplies and pet care information (http://www.petsmart.com). The company employs approximately 54,000 associates and operates more than 1,314 pet stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, and over 196 in-store PetSmart® PetsHotel® dog and cat boarding facilities. PetSmart provides a broad range of competitively priced pet food and pet products; and offers dog training, pet grooming, pet boarding, PetSmart Doggie Day Camp SM day care services and pet adoption services. Through its in-store pet adoption partnership with PetSmart Charities®, PetSmart has helped save the lives of more than 5 million pets since 1994. PetSmart Charities, Inc. and PetSmart Charities of Canada, Inc. ("PetSmart Charities") are independent, nonprofit organizations that save the lives of homeless pets and reduce shelter intake through spay/neuter efforts. In 2012, nearly 450,000 dogs and cats found homes through PetSmart Charities' adoption centers in all PetSmart stores and by sponsoring community adoption events. PetSmart Charities is the leader in granting money to help pets in need, with more than $28 million given in 2012 throughout North America.
Image with caption: "Willy the English Bulldog, in Los Angeles with Kelly Osbourne, shares a flair for purple and anchors with PetSmart's Pet Expressions, a new grooming offering at PetSmart in-store salons, providing dogs a non-toxic, temporary way to show personality. (CNW Group/PetSmart Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140423_C4797_PHOTO_EN_39558.jpg
SOURCE: PetSmart Canada
For further information:
GolinHarris for PetSmart
PetSmart Media Line