TORONTO, Oct. 29, 2014 /CNW/ - Fifteen years ago, Kanetix Ltd. entered the online space and forever changed the way Canadians shopped for insurance. Back then getting car insurance quotes involved picking up the phone and calling around often requiring hours be set aside just to comparison shop. Now, KANETIX.ca offers Canadians not only the freedom to compare quotes for all their insurance needs but also financial services. As Canada's premier online comparison site for insurance, mortgages and credit cards, KANETIX.ca helps Canadians compare more quotes quickly so they can secure rates from the nation's top providers with ease.
To date, KANETIX has over 60 partners making it Canada's most comprehensive comparison marketplace, and it's estimated that Canadians have saved more than $150 million dollars in insurance premiums through the more than 7 million quotes compared via KANETIX.
"In 15 years, the way Canadians shop for their insurance and financial services has changed completely, and we're thrilled to have been a leading driver of that change," said Yousry Bissada, President & CEO of Kanetix Ltd. "Comparison shopping at KANETIX.ca has become a part of many people's lives and we plan to stay the course and continue to be a company of many 'firsts'."
KANETIX was the first in Canada to:
- Give drivers, homeowners, and travellers the option to go online to compare real-time insurance quotes from competing insurers, and as a full service marketplace help them buy the policy too
- Develop mobile apps empowering drivers and travellers to compare insurance quotes, and in the case of travellers, purchase a policy
- Provide Canadians access to all three ways in which insurance is sold in Canada—through brokers, agents and direct sellers
- Offer new and existing homeowners the option to compare and secure the lowest bank and non-bank lender mortgage rates-and get pre-approved online
- Build the first hands-free app in Canada that helps drivers gauge if they would benefit from usage-based insurance (UBI) programs
In addition, many of Canada's top insurance providers have turned to KANETIX for their own online offerings. KANETIX SaaS is the leading provider of Web Quoting Solutions to Canada's largest and most respected insurance companies. Leveraging KANETIX's extensive experience and deep knowledge of insurance and technology best practices, the SaaS division works with direct writers, broker-based carriers and brokers.
Launched in October 1999, KANETIX was Canada's first online insurance marketplace and today provides over a million quotes per year to consumers looking for insurance, as well as comparisons for mortgage rates and credit cards.
The KANETIX.ca comparison service is a one-stop shopping environment for consumers. Each day, thousands visit the KANETIX website to comparison shop their various financial needs. Shoppers choose what they want to compare, obtain a quotation and complete an online application or, with the help of KANETIX connect with the provider to purchase or apply for the product over the phone.
Through its Software as a Service team, KANETIX is also the leading provider of online insurance quotation technology, developing online quotation systems, mobile solutions, actuarial tools and websites for many of Canada's largest insurance brands.
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Nick Hajicosti, 416.599.9779, [email protected], Kanetix Ltd.