– Acclaimed video-streaming service TMN GO now allows subscribers to download
content on mobile devices –
– Offline viewing feature now available to TMN subscribers with Bell Fibe TV, Bell Satellite TV, Bell Alliant, Bell MTS, Cogeco, Eastlink, and Rogers –
– Thousands of titles available for download at launch, including Hollywood movies,
big-buzz offerings from HBO and SHOWTIME, and premium Canadian content –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2skQ9fg
TORONTO, June 29, 2017 /CNW/ - Canada's leading premium Pay TV services, The Movie Network (TMN), HBO Canada, and The Movie Network Encore, get a major upgrade with the launch of offline viewing for TMN GO. The new feature on the video-streaming platform allows subscribers to download movies and series on their iOS and Android tablets and smartphones, for playback without an internet connection.
"TMN subscribers have always enjoyed an unbeatable mix of premium content on the device of their choosing, and we're thrilled to now offer them the increased versatility provided by offline viewing," said Tracey Pearce, President, Distribution and Pay, Bell Media. "We're also delighted to partner with so many television providers at launch, ensuring that a majority of TMN subscribers across Canada can take advantage of this fantastic new feature, and we look forward to welcoming more television providers in coming months."
The national launch of offline viewing is supported with an integrated marketing campaign with touch-points on-air, digital, social, OOH, print, and radio. Leveraging Bell Media's unmatched cross-promotional ability, the Bell Media Agency's campaign will debut on Tuesday, July 4th with a new spot letting Canadians know about the new feature for TMN GO.
Ideal for the cottage, road trips, work commutes, airplanes, camping trips, and mountain tops – offline viewing on TMN GO gives Canadian premium TV fans access to: TMN's latest Hollywood releases like Passengers, The Magnificent Seven, Trolls, and Suicide Squad; entire seasons of game-changing HBO series like GAME OF THRONES, SILICON VALLEY, VEEP, and BALLERS; must-watch titles from SHOWTIME including TWIN PEAKS, I'M DYING UP HERE, and THE PUTIN INTERVIEWS; acclaimed Canadian series and films such as SENSITIVE SKIN, HIP-HOP EVOLUTION, The Other Half, and Two Lovers and a Bear; and classics from all eras with TMN Encore movies including Goodfellas, Rocky, Good Will Hunting, and Jerry Maguire.
Offline viewing is the latest innovation on TMN GO, joining a wide range of enhancements including:
- Pick-up-and-play, which allows users to start watching on one device and continue on another;
- Support for AirPlay® and Chromecast;
- Watch episodes continuously with auto-play;
- The Watchlist, which automatically adds favourited titles to a user's profile and notifies them when new episodes are available;
- Parental Controls, which allow users to manage the content for family members of every age;
- The ability to manage data consumption by selecting whether to stream over WiFi;
- Adaptive streaming, which automatically switches video quality to ensure the best viewing experience available based on the user's Internet connection;
- And video quality control, which gives users even more control over their bandwidth consumption.
About The Movie Network:
The Movie Network is a national pay television service delivering premiere access to Hollywood hit movies, new and exclusive HBO content, critically acclaimed SHOWTIME series and first-rate Canadian programming to subscribers. The Movie Network and TMN Encore service includes six 24-hour multiplex channels – TMN 1, TMN 2, TMN 3, HBO Canada 1, TMN Encore, and TMN Encore 2. All seven multiplex channels are simulcast in High Definition and joined by TMN GO, a multi-platform video streaming service, and The Movie Network OnDemand. The Movie Network is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about The Movie Network is available at www.themovienetwork.ca.
SOURCE The Movie Network
For further information: Scott Campbell, 416.384.4235 or email@example.com