Scotiabank EcoLiving Magazine hits Scotiabank branches this week
TORONTO, June 8, 2012 /CNW/ - Good news for Canadians looking for ways to save energy, water and money while enjoying the garden and keeping the house cool this summer. The latest issue of Scotiabank's EcoLiving Magazine, Canada's premier eco home magazine is filled with energy-saving ideas and is now available free of charge at all Scotiabank branches across Canada.
"Our EcoLiving program is designed to help Canadians find savings and live a greener life at home," said Kaz Flinn, Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility for Scotiabank. "Our 2012 summer edition of EcoLiving Magazine is jam-packed with tips, solutions and inspiration to create beautiful and energy efficient homes."
Readers will enjoy the article 5 Summer Savers, which identifies the following easy-to-adopt suggestions:
- Planting white clover as an alternative to grass saves on mowing, fertilizing and watering;
- Using a manual lawn mower saves energy and reduces greenhouse gas emissions while burning calories;
- Employing a water timer to water lawns at the most efficient time of day brings big savings;
- Incorporating a soaker hose prevents evaporation and runoff; and,
- Installing a clothesline cuts energy consumption by as much as 229kWh per year.
There are plenty of other useful articles that homeowners will find helpful for saving energy and money:
- The Perfect Patio introduces earth friendly outdoor furniture, umbrellas and lights;
- The Big Save inspires with a story of how one family saved almost $4,000 a year with eight efficient upgrades;
- Rebates & Savings gives Canadians practical steps to flush less H2O and money down the drain; and
- Save Money Now introduces readers to the Scotiabank Home Energy Savings Calculator (ecoliving.scotiabank.com/calculator), an online tool that helps homeowners decide which eco upgrades to invest in by providing a clear equation of the costs, savings and payback time of specific home energy projects.
EcoLiving Magazine is part of Scotiabank's larger EcoLiving program introduced in 2010 to provide Canadian homeowners with resources that help save money, reduce energy usage and contribute to a healthier home and planet. In addition to the information-packed EcoLiving website (www.ecoliving.scotiabank.com), the Bank offers Scotiabank EcoEnergy Financing Options for renewable energy projects, and recently introduced the EcoLiving Auto Loan to help consumers purchase clean fuel vehicles.
For further information:
Deborah Clark, Scotiabank Media Communications, 416-933-0646, [email protected]
Kara Merpaw, Scotiabank Media Communications , 416-866-3792, [email protected]