Secretary Kerry will be speaking at the Movin'On Summit 2020 to share his experience battling climate change and connect with a community of decision-makers that is committed to creating concrete solutions for sustainable mobility.
MONTREAL, March 4, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - The Movin'On World Summit on Sustainable Mobility, to be held at McGill University June 3-5, 2020, is proud to welcome top American diplomat John Kerry as its keynote speaker. After a long and distinguished political career that has taken him from the Massachusetts Senate to heading the U.S. Department of State (2013-2017), Kerry now spearheads World War Zero, a bipartisan coalition of politicians, business leaders, scientists and celebrities battling climate change.
Climate change is an existential threat to humanity. In order to overcome this grave challenge we will need to join forces. Movin'On recognizes that World War Zero's fight for the climate and its own important work with sustainable mobility are intricately intertwined and complementary in nature. For that reason, Movin'On has invited John Kerry to join the summit to promote this unprecedented worldwide cooperation, something that is needed now more than ever. Only together — civil society, corporations and political actors working in unity — will we overcome.
Movin'On was created in 2017 based on a vision shared by all its members: mobility as a driving force for human evolution. A vector of progress, our society relies on mobility, which is yet another reason it must be made accessible to all. Sustainability is our only solution in the face of climate change. Driven by a firm belief that no single actor could possibly meet the challenges facing us today, Movin'On rallies corporations, startups, government bodies, academia, NGOs and international organizations.
During the summit, participants will get the opportunity to interact with the mobility ecosystem's foremost opinion leaders. Panels and collaborative working sessions will allow for co-innovation in order to create concrete solutions that meet the societal and climate-related challenges with which mobility is confronted
Today, the Movin'On Summit is pleased to announce the following speakers for 2020:
- Manuel de Araújo, Mayor of Quelimane City, Zambezia Province, Mozambique
- Laurence Batlle, Chairwoman of the Executive Board at RATP Dev and Member of the Executive Board at Group RATP
- Thomas Becker, VP Urban Mobility at BMW Group
- Charlotte Dennery, CEO at BNP Paribas Leasing Solutions
- Anne Goodchild, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Director of the Supply Chain Transportation and Logistics Center at the University of Washington
- Sylvain Haon, Senior Director, Strategy at the International Association for Public Transport (UITP)
- Alexandre de Juniac, Director General and CEO at the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- Ilham Kadri, Chairman of the Executive Committee and CEO at Solvay
- Patrick Koller, Chief Executive Officer at Faurecia
- Florent Menegaux, Chief Executive Officer at Michelin Group
- Andrew Miller, Associate Director, Mobility at Sidewalk Labs
- Eléonore Morel, CEO at the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH)
- Thanh Nguyen, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Americas and EMEA at Farasis Energy, Inc.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, Professor and Director of the Center for Sustainable Development at Columbia University
- Julie Sweet, Chief Executive Officer at Accenture
- Young Tae Kim, Secretary-General of the International Transport Forum (ITF)
Movin'On: powering sustainable mobility for human development
Created and inspired by Michelin in 2017, Movin'On has since solidified its position as the premier ecosystem in sustainable mobility. Its mission: to move from ambition to action with concrete, sustainable and highly accessible solutions that meet the challenges facing mobility. Bringing together a diverse community made up of corporations, startups, government bodies, academia, NGOs and international organizations, the very existence of Movin'On underscores the idea that no single actor could possibly meet the imposing challenges with which sustainable development is confronted.
Click here for your press accreditation.
SOURCE Movin'On Summit
For further information: Lara Berguglia, EGS Group, Tel.: 514-994-2382, [email protected]