TORONTO, Feb. 6, 2015 /CNW/ -
Layoffs and voluntary buyout program announced at Postmedia
Postmedia lays off national network reporters, but will continue to operate Canada.com.
Canada shares many FOI issues with the U.S.
From propaganda channels to poor public office-journalist relations, we're not alone in government transparency woes writes The Unknowable Country columnist Sean Holman.
Media on the move: February 2015
The past 10 days alone were packed with news of Canadian media moves and hires. Here's our roundup from the last half of January.
Charting a new path: Reporting on Canadian indigenous communities
When covering Aboriginal and First Nations issues, what mistakes do mainstream outlets make—and which stories do they miss entirely? Chantal Braganza live blogs a Ryerson University talk featuring APTN's Delaney Windigo and CBC Aboriginal's Connie Walker.
Great Canadian Literary Journalism
In this week's instalment, Ronan O'Beirne reviews John Gray and Stephanie Nolen's "Where Asbestos is Just a Fact of Life," an ROB Magazine profile about Canada's deadliest export.
- Star public editor: Democracy depends on great reporting
- Around the World: Fahmy's pending freedom and Ukraine attacks top Canadian foreign coverage
- Nominations open for CJF awards and fellowships
- Globe public editor: Egregious grammatical errors caught by Globe readers
- This week in Canadian media history: The Broadcasting Act is passed
- February 10: CMG online seminar: Pitch Perfect
- February 10: What is the future of investigative TV?
- February 11: An Unfolding News Story
- February 19: Future of radio & audio symposium
- February 19: SFU Vancouver Speakers Series: Chris Hedges
J-Source and ProjetJ are publications of The Canadian Journalism Project, a venture among post-secondary journalism schools and programs across Canada, led by Ryerson University, Université Laval and Carleton University and supported by a group of donors.
Copyright © 2015 The Canadian Journalism Project. All rights reserved.
Tamara Baluja, Associate Editor, J-Source, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.979.5000 ext 7433
For further information: Chantal Braganza, 416-979-5000 x 7433, email@example.com