IKEA Canada Named One of Canada's Top Employers for Young People for the Third Consecutive Year
BURLINGTON, ON, Sept. 24, 2013 /CNW/ - IKEA Canada is pleased to be recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People. This marks the third consecutive year Mediacorp awarded this accolade to the leading furniture and home furnishings retailer. This coveted designation is awarded to Canada's leaders who effectively attract and retain younger employees to their organizations.
"IKEA Canada continues to attract ambitious young professionals by offering exceptional leadership opportunities," says Kerri Molinaro, President of IKEA Canada. "Young IKEA enthusiasts relate to our culture and values, many showing the potential to have an exciting and fulfilling career with a great brand and global company."
The following are just a few among the many initiatives that make IKEA uniquely attractive to younger employees:
- Tuition assistance - IKEA offers a 75 per cent educational assistance reimbursement program.
- Backpacker Program - Co-workers have the chance to travel for a year and work alongside a mentor in different locations around the world.
- IWitness Global Citizens Program - This opportunity of a lifetime offers co-workers the chance to visit a developing country and see first-hand the impact the IKEA Foundation and the Soft Toy for Education program has on improving the lives of children through educational programs.
- IKEA around the Globe - Since IKEA has stores and offices in 42 countries, international moves are often available.
- Competitive benefits for everyone, including part-time co-workers.
About IKEA Canada
IKEA is a leading home furnishings retailer with 342 stores in 42 countries worldwide, which are visited by 776 million people every year. IKEA Canada has 12 stores which are visited by over 25 million people every year. Last year the IKEA.com websites attracted 1.1 billion visitors. Founded in 1943, IKEA's business philosophy is to offer a wide range of products of good design and function at prices so low, the majority of people can afford them. For more information on IKEA, please visit: www.IKEA.ca.
SOURCE: IKEA Canada
For further information:
National Public Relations Manager
T: 905-637-9440 x6378
E: [email protected]