GENEVA, Switzerland, July 5, 2013 /CNW/ - Ahead of the Semi-Finals, ticket prices for the Wimbledon Men's Final have rocketed to a record $50,000 for a pair.
viagogo spokesman Steve Roest said: "The extraordinary prices for Men's Finals tickets show just how important this result is to the British: Wimbledon is one of the crown jewels of the sporting calendar and the British public has been waiting for a home Champion for 77 years.
"Andy Murray is now just two games from the Wimbledon title and with his chances of victory stronger than ever, more and more people are considering paying five figure sums to witness British sporting history."
So, if you're a tennis fan and you have a spare $50,000 what can you get for your money?
1) Two guaranteed Centre Court tickets to the Wimbledon Championships Men's Final
2) More than 9 tons of strawberries - that's enough to cover 2.5 tennis courts
3) 330 of Murray's tennis racquets, which laid end to end would make a line more than 240 yards long
4) 39,600 used Wimbledon tennis balls
5) 3,300 Wimbledon umbrellas- an important piece of equipment for any outdoor event in Britain
Wimbledon tickets are still available on http://www.viagogo.com up to the last minute and with a 100% guarantee that you will get the ticket you purchased in time for the event.
Notes to Editors
viagogo is the world's largest ticket marketplace, headquartered in Switzerland, with local language websites in nearly 50 countries. viagogo provides choice, convenience and consumer protection, so that people can buy and sell tickets for live events all over the world with confidence.
In tennis, we have official partnerships with the Roland-Garros French Open, the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals and the BNP Paribas Masters.
- Strawberries at GBP4 ($6) per Kg
- Head Microgel Prestige Pro, 27inches in length
- Sold at GBP2.50 ($4) for a can of 3
- Sold at GBP10 ($15) eachSource:
For further information:
interviews or images, please contact the viagogo Press Office: Tel: +41-225180696, email@example.com