Nearly 1,800 Financial Leaders Gather Next Week to Champion Industry Ethics, Education
NEW YORK, May 4, 2012 /CNW/ - Investment professionals from around the world will converge at McCormick Place in Chicago next week for the 65th CFA Institute Annual Conference, to explore the risks, opportunities and challenges facing the global investment profession. On May 6-9, more than 1,800 award-winning academics, economists, and business leaders will share ideas, expand their professional competence, and join CFA Institute as it issues a call to action to restore investor trust in the investment industry.
CFA Institute President and CEO John D. Rogers, CFA, will open the conference with a special call to action this Monday at 9 a.m. CT. The call to action will include specific ways to promote fairness and transparency in the investment industry, and tangible steps every investment professional can take to restore trust with investors. To watch the live video of the speech, visit http://annual.cfaconference.org/schedule/live-stream-sessions/.
Also at the conference, more than 30 scheduled presentations are planned from financial leaders such as Duncan L. Niederauer, CEO and director, NYSE Euronext; Sam Zell, Chairman, Equity Group Investments (EGI); and Michael L. Mayo, CFA, Managing Director, Banks CLSA (Author, Exile on Wall Street: One Analyst's Fight to Save the Big Banks From Themselves). Those interested in following the conference can see live video and social media updates throughout the conference:
1. Watch live video streams - Visit http://annual.cfaconference.org/schedule/live-stream-sessions/ to access any one of these free video feeds:
- Sunday, 5-6 p.m. CT — "The Flaws of Finance"
James Montier, GMO UK, Ltd
- Monday, 9:10-10:10 a.m. CT - "World Debt Crisis: Endgame Scenarios and What They Could Mean for Investors"
Anatole Kaletsky of GaveKal; John Mauldin of Millennium Wave Investments; Barry Ritholtz of Fusion IQ; and David Rosenberg of Gluskin Sheff + Associates
- Monday, 4:45-5:45 p.m. CT - "Celebrating 50 Years of the CFA Charter: The Evolution of a Profession"
Abby Joseph Cohen, CFA of Goldman Sachs & Co; Charles Ellis, CFA, formerly of Greenwich Associates; David Darst, CFA of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney; Gary Brinson, CFA of GP Brinson Investments; and Zouheir Tamim-Jarkas, CFA of Mubadala
- Tuesday, 11:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m. CT - "Psychology of Behavioral Finance"
Daniel Kahneman of Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs and 2002 Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences
- Wednesday, 11:40 a.m.-12:40 p.m. CT - "Global Imbalances and the Decoupling Myth: China's Role in the World Economy"
Michael Pettis, Guanghua School of Management, Peking University
3. Follow tweets, feeds and likes - Visit the conference's Storify feed and follow the #CFA12 hashtag on Twitter to get the live pulse of the conference from top tweets, RSS feeds, and Facebook posts and discussion.
Media RSVP: Credentialed journalists may register now for one of a limited number of press passes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register and learn more about live, phone or video interviews with conference speakers, attendees, sponsors, and CFA Institute leaders.
Program: A detailed program and agenda is available here.
About CFA Institute
CFA Institute is the global association of investment professionals that sets the standard for professional excellence and credentials. The organization is a champion for ethical behavior in investment markets and a respected source of knowledge in the global financial community. The end goal: to create an environment where investors' interests come first, markets function at their best, and economies grow. CFA Institute has more than 110,000 members in 139 countries and territories, including 100,000 CFA charterholders. For more information, visit www.cfainstitute.org.
For further information:
+1 (212) 418-6889
+1 (212) 705-1738