Government of Canada provides financial support for the development of the Centre culturel de Kent-Sud
BOUCTOUCHE, NB, Feb. 3, 2014 /CNW/ - The Government of Canada has provided funding through the Canada Cultural Spaces Fund to help the Société culturelle de Kent-Sud develop its cultural centre to provide a range of cultural programs to Kent South residents.
Member of Parliament Robert Goguen (Moncton-Riverview-Dieppe) today announced $36,396 in funding to the organization on behalf of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Minister Shelly Glover.
Thanks to this investment, three of the four main rooms of the Centre culturel de Kent-Sud will be renovated, enabling the organization and other local cultural groups to continue promoting the creation and presentation of professional artistic products and events in the area.
The work includes development of a multi-purpose room that will serve, among other things, as a 70-seat entertainment venue. Another room will be upgraded for music and visual arts workshops. There are also plans to modernize the art gallery and develop an outdoor exhibition space. The project will also include the purchase of specialized equipment that will make it possible to accommodate a wider variety of shows and provide high-quality cultural experiences to the public.
- The Société culturelle de Kent-Sud is a non-profit organization responsible for managing the Centre culturel de Kent-Sud, a multi-disciplinary centre located in Bouctouche, New Brunswick.
- Its mission is to promote the full cultural development and enrichment of the residents of Kent South, from Bouctouche to Grande-Digue, by way of Notre-Dame, Saint-Antoine and Sainte-Marie.
- Rooms at the Centre culturel de Kent-Sud are used for production and for training workshops in various artistic disciplines.
- The Centre also has an art gallery for travelling exhibitions and artists specializing in crafts and visual arts, as well as a boutique showcasing local artistic products.
"Our Government understands that supporting arts and culture is essential to our communities, our identity and our economy. We are pleased to support the Société culturelle Kent-Sud with these important renovations at the Centre culturel Kent-Sud."
- Minister Shelly Glover
"The Société culturelle Kent-Sud plays an important role in the wellbeing of communities in this region of New Brunswick. These improvements at the Centre culturel de Kent-Sud will provide residents and visitors with greater access to a variety of cultural experiences."
- MP Robert Goguen
"Support from the Government of Canada will allow us to become a true cultural centre for the region. Once we complete the necessary renovations and install new specialized equipment, our centre will be a wonderful venue for artists to create and for audiences to enjoy a wide variety of cultural programming."
- Denny Richard, President, Société culturelle de Kent-Sud
SOURCE: Canadian Heritage
For further information:
Follow us on Twitter: @CdnHeritage
Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
Communications Manager Atlantic Region
Department of Canadian Heritage
Department of Canadian Heritage