TORONTO, Oct. 15, 2014 /CNW/ - At Motorola we've been big believers in Android since the very beginning. We love its power, its flexibility, and how it gives you the freedom to choose the experience that's right for you. In fact, the only thing that would be better than Android is...more Android. That's why we're so excited to have been able to work with Google's Android team to bring you the new Nexus 6, featuring Android 5.0 Lollipop.
With Nexus 6, we've worked with Google to bring you a bigger phone with more everything. More screen. More speed. More power. And, it's the best Android experience ever with:
- More room to view: With a six-inch Quad HD display, Nexus 6 is great for watching, reading, playing and doing.
- More doing, less charging: An around-the-clock 3220 mAh battery gets you through your day and more. Plus, the included Motorola Turbo Charger gives you a quick burst of power when your battery needs it the most. All it takes is 15 minutes to get up to an additional 6 hours of battery life.
- More epic shots: The 13 megapixel camera with Optical Image Stabilization and HDR+ lets you take your best possible photos with the least possible effort.
- More sound in stereo: With dual front-facing stereo speakers, you'll get an immersive stereo sound that is great for experiencing music, movies and games as you should.
- More with Lollipop: Nexus 6 comes with Android Lollipop - a sweet new take on Android. Android Lollipop introduces Material Design so that content responds to your touch, or even your voice, in more intuitive ways, and transitions between tasks are more fluid. Plus, new call and message notifications allow you to act on (or dismiss) them without interrupting what you're doing. And much much more.
Nexus 6 will be available for pre-order through the Google Play Store later this month starting at $749. There are two colours to choose from - Midnight Blue or Cloud White - and two memory options - 32GB and 64GB. Nexus 6 will also be available through carrier partners later this year, you'll hear from them soon with additional pricing and availability information.
More Android All Around
It's no secret we love Android. That's why every one of our Moto phones is built on a foundation of pure Android - it's easier to use, delivers amazing performance and lets you choose how you want to use your phone. So we have more sweet Android news to share...
Once Android 5.0 Lollipop is officially released, we will bring this latest upgrade to some of our other Motorola devices, as well. This includes Moto X (1st & 2nd Gen), Moto G (1st and 2nd Gen), Moto G with 4G LTE and Moto E. We're still working out the details on timing and the upgrade depends on our partners' support so stay tuned to our software upgrades page for the latest and greatest.
SOURCE: MOTOROLA MOBILITY CANADA
For further information: Media contacts: Kathryn Hanley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-844-5857; Meaghan Beech, email@example.com, 416-413-4650