TORONTO, Nov. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - The Euthanasia Prevention Coalition (EPC) is having a media conference on Friday November 8 (10 am) at the Renaissance Marriott hotel (Aurora Room) (1 Blue Jays Way Toronto) amidst a gathering of international leaders on the topic of euthanasia.
EPC will announce its direction in relation to:
1) The Carter case in BC, a case that seeks to legalize assisted suicide in Canada, that was struck down by the BC Court of Appeal and will likely be heard by the Supreme Court of Canada.
2) Bill 52 in Quebec, that seeks to legalize euthanasia in Quebec.
Joanne Matters, (EPC President) will MC the media conference that will feature:
- Hugh Scher, EPC legal counsel and former chair of the Council of Canadians with Disabilities Human Rights Committee.
- Nic Steenhout, the Executive Director of Vivre dans la Dignité (Quebec).
- Amy Hasbrouck, the Director of Tourjours Vivant- Not Dead Yet (Quebec).
- Dr. Will Johnston, the Chair of EPC - BC
- Alex Schadenberg, Executive Director of EPC.
Other International leaders will also be made available to answer questions.
The Symposium is on Friday November 8 (7 pm - 9 pm) and November 9 (9 am - 5 pm).
The Symposium features leaders from Canada and around the world including: Australia, UK, France, Netherlands, and the United States.
SOURCE: Euthanasia Prevention Coalition
For further information:
Alex Schadenberg at: 519-851-1434 (cell).