Eight Canadian municipalities to be honoured for leadership in storm and wastewater management
TORONTO, May 28 /CNW/ - Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC), in partnership with the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), will announce the winners of the first annual Watershed Awards to recognize Canadian municipalities that have taken proactive measures to reduce their vulnerability to storm and wastewater damage. The awards, which are part of FCM's Sustainable Community Awards, will be presented at FCM's 73rd Annual Conference and Municipal Expo(TM) in Toronto.
WHEN/WHERE: Saturday, May 29
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
Grand Ballroom East
Presenting the national and regional Watershed Awards with IBC President
& CEO Don Forgeron and FCM President Basil Stewart will be:
- British Columbia: Lindsay Olson, Regional Vice-President, British
Columbia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba, IBC
- Alberta: Jeff Haley, Director of Government Affairs, Alberta, IBC
- The Prairies and the North: Lindsay Olson
- Ontario: Ralph Palumbo, Regional Vice-President, Ontario, IBC
- Quebec: Jack Chadirdjian, Director of Public & Government Affairs,
- Atlantic: Bill Adams, Regional Vice-President, Atlantic, IBC
Award winners will be available following the ceremony.
Note to editors: Links to videos on the national and regional Watershed Award winners will be available in a news release issued via CNW on Saturday, May 29 at approximately 5:30 pm EST.
SOURCE Insurance Bureau of Canada
For further information: For further information: IBC: Ellen Woodger, (416) 483-2358; or Pete Karageorgos, (416) 362-2031, ext. 4329; FCM: Maurice Gingues, (613) 907-6399 or email@example.com