Recognized for unique employee training efforts to drive a culture shift in the organization
BANGALORE, India, Jan. 26, 2016 /CNW/ - Infosys (NYSE: INFY), a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services has received the title "Leader in the Winner's Circle - Excellent at Innovation and Execution," from HfS's Research Blueprint: Design Thinking in the As-A-service Economy.
HfS picked Infosys for its top spot in execution, recognizing the company's leadership in Design Thinking, client feedback, customer results, real-world delivery solutions, and the company's overall cultural shift and orientation. Among the report's many notable highlights, it shows how Infosys has used Design Thinking to transform its own culture and engage clients in a new way.
The report's highlights include:
- Central to Organizational Strategy: For Infosys, Design Thinking is not just a tool to serve clients, but it is also critical to the new ways of working. It is using Design Thinking to increase the use of creativity and drive a cultural shift in the organization.
- Clear Plan to Train Every Employee: Infosys is perhaps the only service provider that has vowed to train all employees on design thinking and it has put together a very solid plan to do so.
- Creating Awareness of Design Thinking with Clients: Apart from employees, a number of clients are being identified who have been trained or will be trained to understand these concepts to co-create and ideate collaboratively with Infosys.
- Fast Becoming a Strategic Partner: Clients acknowledge that Infosys is changing from one that typically was waiting for directions. For example, a client mentioned that Infosys is helping them apply already existing technologies differently to drive new results.
- Leading by Example: Clients also appreciate that Infosys is using Design Thinking to address internal challenges.
To date, more than 73,000 employees have received training in Design Thinking, ingraining it into their daily work and into the programs they are driving, whether they are in a client-facing role or in a business enabling function. The result has been significant customer savings and value creation through programs such as Zero Distance, an initiative to bring innovation to every existing client project. Today, 90% of the Infosys delivery organization has found or delivered something innovative to a client, beyond the statement of work.
Moreover, Zero Distance has increased the company's overall employee retention and utilization. Frequently, members of the traditional IT bench prototype the projects from Zero Distance, enabling them to gain valuable real life experience in driving innovation in ongoing projects, and in the process, creating software assets for Infosys to bring to clients on a larger scale.
Dr. Vishal Sikka, Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Infosys:
"Design Thinking is a natural extension to the Infosys DNA, where we have always valued lifelong learning and delivering value to clients. This is reflected in our rapid progress along every dimension of Design Thinking maturity and is truly at the heart of everything we do. We can see this in our Zero Distance initiative, which empowers our delivery teams to drive grassroots innovation in every project. In new areas and disruptive innovation, we see the maturity of our efforts in more than 150 Design Thinking engagements with clients, helping them to find and explore the most important problems to solve as part of our design-led service offerings. And, we see it in the very fabric of our company, in our employees. Beyond the numbers trained, it is about creating a culture, a movement, to drive innovation. I am very happy to see the tremendous work and passion of our leaders, and every Infoscion, recognized in the HfS winners circle and recognized as #1 on execution."
Phil Fersht, Chief Executive Officer, HfS Research:
"Ambitious organizations are increasingly using Design Thinking methods to improve and re-imagine their business and IT operations, and Infosys is being recognized for driving impactful results through this approach. We are impressed by the firm's focus on training each employee with Design Thinking methods to help them challenge themselves and their clients to explore new ways of defining and realizing their desired business outcomes. In our research, Infosys and its clients demonstrated impressive Design Thinking momentum and the firm stands out for its execution and results, real-world delivery solutions, and genuinely creating an industry-leading change."
Additional Design Thinking highlights at Infosys:
- Design Thinking drives Infosys' internal culture change. With Design Thinking, the company created Zero Distance and Zero Bench, two complementary endeavors that focus on innovation in every project (Zero Distance) and engagement of every employee (Zero Bench).
- Design Thinking has already shown significant results for Infosys' clients. Infosys offers "Do," one of a trio of services (Aikido) that has already engaged more than 150 customers in the methodology, which helps uncover true problems and has created stronger strategic partnerships.
- Design Thinking is key to the company's strategy. The company uses the methodology to empower its employees and engage them in higher levels of work as it begins to use greater automation.
- Design Thinking is a CEO-led focus within the company. With its methodology, the company has reconsidered everything from its performance evaluation system to its software and services.
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services. We enable clients, in more than 50 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Visit http://www.infosys.com to see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with US$ 9.2 billion in LTM revenues and 193,000+ employees, is helping enterprises renew themselves while also creating new avenues to generate value.
Certain statements in this press release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. In addition, please note that the date of this press release is January 14, 2016, and any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.