From must-read books to the hottest games and exclusive toys, Indigo helps gift-givers be holiday heroes with items kids really want.
TORONTO, Sept. 24, 2018 /CNW/ - Indigo (TSX: IDG), the world's first cultural department store, today released its list of the Top Kids Books and Toys for the holiday season. To help early-bird shoppers plan their holiday lists and be the holiday hero, Indigo's team of expert buyers have curated their picks of the hottest toys of the season. For added cheer, consumers can enjoy stress-reducing services like free kids' gift wrap, free ship-to-store and expert advice, all available at IndigoKids and indigo.ca.
"At IndigoKids, we want to be partners to parents and gift-givers every step of the way. We all know that magical feeling of giving a gift that truly lights up eyes – and we want everyone to feel like that hero this holiday season," said Lesley Nightingale, VP of IndigoKids. "Our team has taken all the guesswork out by hand-selecting the hottest items, so that gift-givers and parents can feel confident they are giving kids what they really want."
From the magical world of unicorns and make-believe to the halls of Hogwarts, gifts from IndigoKids are guaranteed to spark curiosity, inspire creativity and add joy. Look for Indigo exclusives such as the LEGO® Harry Potter™ Quidditch™ Set and the Hot Wheels® Retro Sto & Go Car Wash Playset to celebrate Hot Wheel's 50th Anniversary. Readers big and small will love special editions of the most popular series like Dogman, available only at Indigo.
IndigoKids provides personalized decision support and service at every stage of holiday shopping to make gift-giving fun and easy. Customers can shop by age or interest, or from "hero picks", best-sellers and staff picks. With hundreds of options in-store, and thousands more online, there's something perfect for everyone this holiday season.
Top 10 Kids Books to Gift This Holiday Season:
From the latest books in popular series to exciting new reads, these are the books that kids won't want to put down:
- Amulet #8: Supernova By Kazu Kibuishi $16.99
- Dog Man #5: The Lord of the Fleas by Dav Pilkey $12.99, Indigo Exclusive Edition
- Classic Munsch ABC by Robert Munsch $12.99
- Goodnight, Anne by Kallie George $21.99
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #13: The Meltdown by Jeff Kinney $16.95, Indigo Exclusive Edition
- Pokemon: Super Deluxe Essential Handbook by Scholastic Inc $19.99
- The Princess in Black and the Science Fair Scare by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale $9.50
- The Log Driver's Waltz by Wade Hemsworth $21.99
- Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find them: The Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling $29.99
- Ocean Meets Sky by Terry Fan and Eric Fan $21.99
Top 10 Toys to Gift this Holiday Season:
From slime and science to coding and cars, these toys are sure to wow every child:
- Poopsie Surprise Unicorn $79.95
- Antsy Pants Build & Play Kit, Fire Truck $69.95, Indigo Exclusive
- Lego® Harry Potter™ Quidditch Set $49.95, Indigo Exclusive
- Hot Wheels® Retro Sto & Go Play Set $44.95, Indigo Exclusive
- L.O.L Surprise Pop Up Store $49.95
- Cool Maker Kumi Kreator Friendship Bracelet Maker $149.00
- Monopoly Cheaters Edition $24.95
- Nickelodeon Slime the Greatest Slime Extravaganza Ever $39.95, Indigo Exclusive
- Kano Harry Potter Coding Kit $129.95
- Little Tikes STEM Jr. Wonder Lab $149.95
In addition to the exciting books, toys and brands kids want this holiday season, Indigo knows that holiday can be stressful and wants to make shopping a joyful experience with stress-reducing services including:
- Free Gift Wrap: Indigo carries all the gorgeous wrapping paper, bags, tags and cards needed to great beautiful gifts this holiday season! Plus, enjoy free in-store gift wrapping for all kids' presents.
- Free Shipping & Returns: Get free shipping to stores and free shipping on orders over $25, making holiday shopping a breeze! For more information, visit indigo.ca/freeshipping.
- Personal Advice: Shop in-store to get great advice from Indigo's expert staff. Or, #AskIndigo on social media for helpful ideas, book recommendations and more.
- Shop Online: Enjoy thousands more gifts online at indigo.ca.
- Be Rewarded: Earn points for every eligible dollar spent in-store and online with plum® rewards. Not a member? Sign up today at indigo.ca/plumrewards
Sharing a #LoveofReading:
Indigo, a proudly Canadian company dedicated to children's literacy, founded the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation in 2004. Through the Foundation's two signature programs, Adopt a School and the Literacy Fund Grant, the Foundation aims to raise a groundswell of awareness about the lack of funding for public Canadian school libraries, while helping to put more books into the hands of children. For more information about the Foundation, or to donate, visit loveofreading.org
Indigo is the world's first Cultural Department Store – a physical and digital meeting place inspired by and filled with books, music, art, ideas, and beautifully designed lifestyle products. Indigo believes in real books, in living life fully and generously, in being kind to each other and that stories – big and little – connect us.
SOURCE Indigo Books & Music Inc.
For further information: please contact: Madison Downey, Coordinator, Public Relations, Indigo, [email protected]