- One-Stop Holiday Shop Wraps Up Great Deals on Books, Gifts and Toys -
TORONTO, Nov. 22, 2012 /CNW/ - Indigo, Chapters and Coles stores are hosting their first-ever storewide 'Buy Three Get the Fourth Free' savings event from Thursday, November 22nd to Sunday, November 25th to help Holiday shoppers enjoy incredible value on great gifts in every category. Although some exclusions apply, most books, décor, accessories and toys qualify for the storewide savings event; and for Thursday and Friday, November 22nd and 23rd, the all new Kobo Mini eReader will be available for only $49.99 (regularly priced at $79.99).
"We've seen the U.S. Black Friday phenomenon really grow in Canada year over year, kicking off the Holiday selling season for value conscious shoppers," notes Vanda Provato, Vice President, Marketing, Indigo Books & Music Inc. "To add excitement to our popular Buy-Three-Get-the-Fourth-Free book promotion, we are extending the promotion to our expanded assortment of inspiring books, décor, accessories and toys in all of our stores nationally."
Four Finds to Feel the "Free" can include:
- Bestsellers like JK Rowling's The Casual Vacancy, or Neil Young's biography Waging Heavy Peace - both already offered at the Indigo exclusive price of $25 each
- Cookies or confections like Walker's Shortbread in Giftable Tins - at only $20, they're perfect to give a host or colleague at the office Secret Santa
- Trend-right toys like the Super Mario Checkers & Tic Tac Toe Collector's Game - ideal for kids and kids at heart, $19.95
- Merry and bright Bangles and Bags - these colourful, affordable accessories for her are easy to stack up priced from $12.00 each
The 'Buy Three Get the Fourth Free' storewide savings event is another way that Indigo makes it easy for shoppers to fulfill their gift list while stretching their budget. In-store, IndigoKids shoppers enjoy FREE wrap and Plum Rewards members continue to collect points too. For more fun and added value, satisfied savers can enter Indigo's #B3G4 Twitter Photo Contest for a chance to win a $100 Indigo Gift Card. Shoppers can simply tweet a photo of their Buy-Three-Get-The-Fourth-Free purchase to @chaptersindigo with the #B3G4 hash tag. Each day of the storewide savings event, one winner will be randomly selected.
Online shoppers at indigo.ca will continue to enjoy deep discounts on their favourite bestsellers as well as hundreds of exclusive Cyber Monday Steals on Monday, November 26th including:
- 60% off the 2012 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner, 419 by Will Ferguson
- $115 off KidKraft's WaterFall Mountain Train Set - a 67% savings on the +120 piece play set for kids aged 3-8 years old
- $60 off Fisher Price's Stride to Ride Dino - a great toddler gift for only $29.95
Most online orders over $25 ship free and purchases over $59 can be wrapped for FREE too.
About Indigo Books & Music Inc.
With books always at our heart and soul at Indigo we are about telling stories and creating experiences. Indigo is Canada's largest purveyor of ideas and inspiration to enrich your life, with books, specialty toys, gifts and lifestyle enhancing products that affordably offer intrinsic quality, beauty and timeless design. Indigo is a publicly traded Canadian company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (IDG). As the largest book and specialty retailer in Canada, Indigo operates in all provinces under different banners including Indigo Books & Music; Indigo Books, Gifts, Kids; IndigoSpirit, Chapters, The World's Biggest Bookstore, and Coles. The online channel, www.indigo.ca, features books, eBooks, toys, music and DVDs, and hosts the award winning Indigo Online Community.
Indigo Books & Music Inc. founded the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation in 2004 to address the underfunding of public schools, their libraries and the resulting literacy crisis. Every year the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation commits $1.5 million to high-needs elementary schools so they can rebuild their libraries with the purchase of new books and education resources. The annual Adopt a School program brings Canadian communities together to raise additional funds putting thousands more books into the hands of children at hundreds more elementary schools annually. To date the Indigo Love of Reading Foundation has committed more than $13 million to more than 500 schools nationally.
SOURCE: Indigo Books & Music Inc.
For further information: