LAVAL, QC, July 22, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - The STL (Société de transport de Laval) is pleased to announce that it has broadened its family fare policy which will now include clients with the Horizon 65+ fare card and anyone with a student fare card.
"These changes are designed to expand the number of people who can travel accompanied by children during the summer months" says David De Cotis, President of the STL's Board of Directors. "We are constantly looking for ways to innovate and adapt our fare policy to meet the needs of Lavalers. By expanding accessibility to our network of buses, we are doing everything we can to make public transit a better option for Lavalers."
As a reminder, the family fare previously allowed for up to five children under the age of 11 to travel for free when accompanied by an adult paying a regular fare. Now, holders of a Horizon 65+ card and students between the ages of 18 and 25 with a valid student fare card are also eligible for the family fare policy.
The family fare policy will be in effect seven days a week from July 1 to Labour Day and throughout the rest of the year on weekends and statutory holidays.
"The expansion of the family fare means taking the bus is more accessible than ever" adds David De Cotis. "Family outings are now easier because children accompanied by an adult can travel for free. This means families can explore everything our city has to offer over the summer season. It's just common sense."
The STL, taking action
- The STL has rolled out the STL Synchro system to inform its clients in real time about schedules and the status of its buses. Since the launch of our Operational Support and User Information System in 2009, our punctuality rate has increased to nearly 90 %.
- The $1 reduced fare on smog days during the summer period is a first in Quebec. The XTRA fare is valid between the months of July and August for students under the age of 18 and for children between the ages of 6 and 11. The Horizon 65+ fare card allows Laval residents over the age of 65 to travel for free anywhere at any time in Laval.
- By subscribing to the My STL program, our clients have the opportunity to receive updates about their regular bus lines and find out what's new at the STL.
- In May 2012, the STL launched its new STL Sustainable Mobility Solution for businesses and organizations that want to make it easier for their employees to commute to work.
- In November 2012, the STL signed the International Union of Public Transport's (IUPT) Charter on Sustainable Development.
- The STL has received many awards and special mentions including:
AQTr - Grand prix d'excellence en transport en commun
AQTR Communication Grand Public prize for the Smog Alert Program.
ACTU, le Prix de leadership des entreprises for the CLIC carpooling project
AQTr – Prix Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur for two projects: The Operational Support and User Information System for Paratransit (OSIS) and CLIC, the electric carpooling project launched in conjunction with the AMT.
In 2013, the CUTA awarded the STL two Corporate Leadership Awards; one in the Innovation category for its Operational Support and User Information System for Paratransit (OSIS) and other in the Marketing and Communications category for the "Let's Develop Together" contest.
In November 2013, the STL received the Institut d'administration publique du Québec's Excellence award in the "e-Government" category for its real time Operational Support and User Information System for Paratransit.
In 2014, the STL received the Prix Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur de l'AQTr for its Projet d'expérimentation d'un bus électrique à recharge lente project.
ATUQ special mention in the sustainable development category for its real time Operational Support and User Information System for Paratransit (OSIS).
ATUQ Prix Reconnaissance for the development and implementation of the new Horizon 65+ fare.
Recyc-Québec - Special Mention in its Ici on Recycle program.
ACTU – Corporate Leadership Award in the Communications and Marketing category for the STL Information Brigade.
AQTr - At the eighth annual Grands Prix d'excellence en transport, the STL took home three awards:
- Prix Coup de cœur du jury d'honneur, for our Fare Strategy
- Prix Transport collectif, for our Fare Strategy
- Prix Communication grand public for the STL Information Brigade: BRAND AMBASSADORS
SOURCE Société de transport de Laval
For further information: Marie-Céline Bourgault, Communications and Marketing Director, 450 662-5429, [email protected]