QUÉBEC CITY, Jan. 10, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - Québec City now has a regional sales force to promote business tourism outside the province. Unveiled this morning at the Québec City Convention Centre, YQB (Your Québec City Business Destination) will be on the job with the goal of significantly increasing room-nights in the Québec City area.
This dream team was created in fall 2013, shepherded by a strategic committee of movers and shakers assembling out-of-province business tourism specialists from Québec City Tourism, the Québec City Convention Centre, and ExpoCité's Centre de foires to help unify, standardize and increase the effectiveness of the city's sales and promotions.
The new team's inaugural promotional activity will take place January 12 to 15 in Boston at PCMA Convening Leaders, a gathering of some 4,000 convention and business meeting planners hosted by the Professional Convention Management Association. Representatives from the Convention Centre, Québec City Tourism, and the hotel industry will join forces to attract conventions large and small to Québec City as a whole without emphasizing any one operation.
"The synergy between the various stakeholders in the region of Québec has always been beneficial but we believe the new unified sales force will enable us to improve our position and be more present in the highly competitive market of business tourism", said Mr. André Roy, Director of Québec City Tourism.
"It's a big change in strategy for Québec City business tourism," added Mr. P.-Michel Bouchard, CEO of the Québec City Convention Centre and chair of the strategic committee. "Our out-of-province promotional efforts will now be a coordinated effort. The benefits for the city and the hospitality industry will be quickly felt. By finding new business opportunities, our sales team will boost the number of room-nights."
Regional Sales Force Strategic Committee
- P.-Michel Bouchard, CEO, Québec City Convention Centre
- 2 representatives from Québec City Tourism
- André Roy, Director
- Caroline Lepage, Board Member, and CEO of Agora Communication
- 1 representative from the Québec Region Hotel Association
- Natasha Desbiens, General Manager
- 2 representatives from the hotel industry (Upper Town)
- Robert Mercure, General Manager, Fairmont Château Frontenac
- Alain Girard, president and CEO, Château Laurier
- 1 representative from the hotel industry (Sainte-Foy area)
- Annie April, Director Of Operations, Hôtel Classique
- 1 representative from Grande Allée
- Daniel Paré, Hotel Manager, Loews Le Concorde
SOURCE: Société du Centre des congrès de Québec
For further information:
Director, Communications and Marketing
Québec City Convention Centre
418-649-7711, ext. 4054
Communications Advisor, Public Relations
Québec City Tourism
418-641-6654, ext. 5405