-- Attendees from two dozen countries attend world's premier enterprise blockchain conference –
TORONTO, April 30, 2019 /CNW/ - More than 1,200 enterprise leaders came together in Toronto, Canada on April 24 – 25th for the inaugural Blockchain Revolution Global (BRG), an enterprise-focused conference organized by the Blockchain Research Institute, the world's leading blockchain think-tank and MCI Group, the global leader on building community.
Supported by presenting partners, IBM and WISeKey, alongside more than two dozen other global companies, BRG sought to inform and inspire enterprise leaders as they accelerate their organization's blockchain transformation. More than 150 experts presented talks on a unique, centralized 360 degree stage designed to offer the most integrated and collaborative experience between brands and leaders from 20+ industries, discussing vertical and horizontal transformations for the global enterprise and government blockchain community. Interactive presentations each focused on an industry or vertical, from supply chain management to digital identity and security.
"The idea for this conference came after we noticed a serious lack of blockchain events catering to enterprise leaders," said Don Tapscott, co-founder of the BRI and host of Blockchain Revolution Global. "We could not be more pleased with the results, and we look forward to watching this initiative grow year over year."
The event featured announcements and sessions from some of the world's foremost industry leaders:
- IBM's senior vice president, Bridget van Kralingen provided a framework for the 100+ projects IBM has built to date on Hyperledger, and featured several of those projects in conversations with executives from Maersk, Alectra, and Interac
- FedEx Logistics' CEO, Richard Smith and FedEx CIO, Rob Carter called on government participation in the development of blockchain standards for international shipping
- WISeKey CEO, Carlos Moreira unveiled WISeKey's newest "Blockchain Center of Excellence" to be established in Saudi Arabia
- Leaders from DHL, UPS, and FedEx shared the stage for the first time ever to discuss industry cooperation on open blockchain standards
- Innovators representing the leading blockchain platforms such as Aion, Hedera Hashgraph, Hyperledger, ICON, and Cosmos shared their vision for the future of business and the enterprise
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) executive director, Ron Resnick described EEA's new "Token Taxonomy Initiative" on stage for the first time
- Grammy-winning musician and innovator, Imogen Heap provided insights into her blockchain project "creative passports" for artists, and performed live at the Enterprise Blockchain Awards (EBA) Gala, BRG's sister event, on April 24th
- 15-year old Alishba Imran, winner of the EBA for Young Leader, inspired the audience with her project using blockchain counterfeit drugs from reaching patients
"The narrative that the drop in value for cryptoassets has stalled blockchain innovation is utterly false, and this conference demonstrated that," added Mr. Tapscott.
"Quite the opposite, we saw that in the last year, global enterprise has invested more and accomplished more in blockchain than in all years prior."
Accelerating the Blockchain Revolution
A partnership between the Blockchain Research Institute, the world's leading blockchain think-tank and MCI Group, the global leader on building community, Blockchain Revolution Global is the world's premier conference for enterprise and government. Its mission is to inspire and prepare enterprise leaders for the transformation that blockchain technology will bring to their businesses. Bringing more than 150 leading-edge practitioners and thinkers from around the world to the stage, BRG is creating a global arena to connect and learn across ten different streams including finance, healthcare, security & identity, supply chain, and regulation. Blockchain Revolution Global is part of Toronto Blockchain Week.
SOURCE Blockchain Revolution Global
For further information: For more information, visual, transcripts or to arrange an interview, please contact Susan Willemsen at The Siren Group Inc. Tel: 416-416-5270. Email: [email protected] For more information on BRI and the EBA Awards, please contact Luke Bradley, director of communications, BRI. Email: [email protected]