IKEA Canada Receives Award for the fifth Consecutive Year
BURLINGTON, ON, May 5, 2015 /CNW/ - Today, IKEA Canada has been recognized as one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People by Mediacorp for the fifth consecutive year. This accolade is awarded to Canada's business leaders who effectively attract and retain younger employees to their organizations.
"My vision is to have IKEA Canada be the leading retail employer in Canada." says Stefan Sjöstrand, President of IKEA Canada. "This will be accomplished through competitive wages and benefits as well as through offering long term development opportunities. IKEA is committed to providing learning and development opportunities for our co-workers to maximize their development and to allow them to grow within the organization – when you grow, the company grows."
The following are just a few among the many initiatives that make IKEA uniquely attractive to younger employees:
- Competitive salaries and benefits for everyone, including part-time co-workers.
- Beginning in 2014, every eligible IKEA co-worker will receive an equal contribution to his or her individual pension plan, based on the company's financial goals being met. All full-time co-workers in Canada will receive the same amount regardless of position or salary level. Part-time co-workers will receive a proportional amount in relation to hours worked.
- IKEA also launched the One IKEA Bonus program that includes all co-workers. Co-workers will be eligible to receive a payout of one month's pay by meeting or exceeding key goals during the fiscal year.
- Tuition assistance – IKEA offers a 75 per cent educational assistance reimbursement program.
- IWitness Global Citizens Program – This opportunity of a lifetime offers co-workers the chance to visit a developing country and see first-hand the impact the IKEA Foundation and the Soft Toy for Education program has on improving the lives of children through educational programs.
- IKEA around the Globe – Since IKEA has stores and offices in 50 countries, international moves are often available.
IKEA Canada has also received recognition from Mediacorp for its best practices that include:
- Hamilton-Niagara's Top Employers
- Canada's Greenest Employers for 7 consecutive years
IKEA is a leading home furnishings retailer with 361 stores in more than 50 countries worldwide, which are visited by 821 million people every year. IKEA Canada has 12 stores which are visited by over 25 million people every year. Last year the IKEA.com websites attracted 1.6 billion visitors. Founded in 1943, IKEA's business philosophy is to offer a wide range of products of good design and function at prices so low, the majority of people can afford them. For more information on IKEA, please visit: www.IKEA.ca.
SOURCE IKEA Canada
For further information: Madeleine Löwenborg-Frick, Corporate Public Relations Manager, IKEA Canada, email@example.com