- The IET prides itself for its research excellence and acknowledges the critical role of expert peer review
LONDON, May 24, 2018 /CNW/ -- The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) has announced a formal partnership with Publons, an online platform that provides academic peer reviewers, editors and the wider research community with a validated track record of their work. In turn, this demonstrates the credibility of the IET's peer reviewers and quality of editorial contributions to its vast database of engineering and technology journals and publications.
Through the partnership, experts who provide peer review for IET journals can instantly add a verified record of every review performed to their Publons profile, in full compliance with journal review policies.
Using Publons' unique set of tools and insights, the IET can formally acknowledge their reviewers' contributions quickly and efficiently. This service also provides reviewers' recognition for their historic contributions. When combined, past and present peer reviews tracked on Publons offer powerful evidence for researchers — useful for promotion and funding applications to name a few.
Discussing the new partnership, Kruna Vukmirovic, IET Publisher – Journals, says: "Our commitment to quality content is at the core of the IET's journals publishing, and is only possible because of the contributions of reviewers. Their work deserves recognition and so we are delighted to be working with Publons to provide an innovative way for our reviewers to be recognised for their efforts."
Andrew Preston, Managing Director of Publons says: "Partnering with IET is an important step in increasing recognition for researchers and their reviewing efforts. IET's mission aligns with ours, which is to recognize the critical value of researchers' past and present review contributions. We are thrilled to be working together with IET to speed up research by harnessing the power of peer review."
For more details on the partnership and to see a list of participating journals, visit the IET-Publons partnership page (https://publons.com/in/iet/), and learn more about the benefits of Publons' here: https://publons.com/publishers/benefits.
The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals offering a wealth of research and information in a wide range of engineering and technology fields. For more information, visit: https://www.theiet.org/resources/journals/
About the IET
- Looking for images to accompany your engineering stories? Use the IET's media image library to highlight the exciting, creative and dynamic world of engineering.
- Interview opportunities are available with IET spokespeople from a broad range of engineering and technology disciplines including cyber-security, energy, engineering skills, innovation, manufacturing, technology, transport and women in engineering.
- The IET is one of the world's largest engineering institutions with over 168,000 members in 150 countries. It is also the most interdisciplinary – to reflect the increasingly diverse nature of engineering in the 21st century. Energy, transport, manufacturing, information and communications, and the built environment: the IET covers them all.
- The IET publishes more than 30 research and letters journals and over 500 books across engineering disciplines.
- The IET's flagship A&I database, Inspec, is globally renowned as a source of essential research in the fields of engineering, physics and computer science.
- The IET is working to engineer a better world by inspiring, informing and influencing our members, engineers and technicians, and all those who are touched by, or touch, the work of engineers.
- We want to build the profile of engineering and change outdated perceptions about engineering in order to tackle the skills gap. This includes encouraging more women to become engineers and growing the number of engineering apprentices.
- For more information, visit www.theiet.org
Publons works with researchers, publishers and research institutions to speed up science and research by harnessing the power of peer review. Publons, founded in 2013 and now part of Clarivate Analytics, has offices in Wellington, New Zealand and London, UK. For more information, please visit: publons.com
About Clarivate Analytics
Clarivate Analytics is the global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. Building on a heritage going back more than a century and a half, we have built some of the most trusted brands across the innovation lifecycle, including Web of Science, Cortellis, Derwent, CompuMark, MarkMonitor and Techstreet. Today, Clarivate Analytics is a new and independent company on a bold entrepreneurial mission to help our clients radically reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing innovations. For more information, please visit clarivate.com.
Media enquiries to:
External Communications Manager
T: +44 (0)7738602426
E: [email protected]