HALIFAX, June 7, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - Members of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Maritime Canada gathered at The Auction House last night in Halifax for the chapter's Annual General Meeting, and to elect a new Board of Directors.
"We look forward to kicking off another successful year with the incoming 2017/18 Board of Directors," said Sarah Dawson, President of IABC Maritime Canada. "This new slate of officers represents a diverse and dedicated group of communications professionals, who will carry on the momentum, enthusiasm, and dedication of the 2016/17 Board of Directors."
The new Board of Directors, effective July 1, is as follows:
- Co-Presidents: Alexandra Aubrecht and Sarah Dawson
- Director, Program Management and Website: Stephen Andrews
- Past President: Fiona Kirkpatrick Parsons
- Vice President, Finance: Katherine Roberts
- Vice President, Membership: Barbara Jessome
- Director, Member Outreach: Sarah Kucharski
- Vice President, Marketing & Communications: Athea Costello
- Director, Social Media: Rhea Black
- Director, Newsletters: Matthew McNeill
- Vice President, Professional Development: Lauren Mills
- IABC Certification Liaison: Peter Mumford
- NSCC Student Representative and MSVU Student Representative: to be elected in fall 2017
Expressions of interest are still welcome for the following positions: Executive Vice President, Director of Partnerships, and Director of Events. Details to submit a nomination form can be found on the IABC Maritime Canada website.
IABC Maritime Canada chapter is strengthened by its members who want to make a difference, be heard, and contribute to the communications profession in the Maritimes. And we are driven to provide value and benefit to members to access the hidden job market, identify clients, enhance their skills, make a bigger professional impact, and expand their professional networks.
"Every year, our local IABC chapter seeks to curate programming to deliver professional development and networking to current and prospective members throughout Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island," said Alexandra Aubrecht, incoming co-President of IABC Maritime Canada. "In the year to come, we'll continue to give aspiring and practicing communicators the tools and opportunities to succeed at any career level."
Highlights from the 2016/17 Board year include:
- A freelancer panel offering perspectives on entrepreneurial public relations featuring Stacey Pineau (Latitude Communications), Sammy Davis (The Well) and Maria McGowan (Sociable Media);
- Content Untapped, Data-Driven Content Marketing featuring industry leaders Affinio and Dash Hudson;
- Co-hosted LinkedIn Workshop with Venor featuring personal branding experts Lindsay Cross (Credit Union Atlantic) and Chantal Brine (Venor); and
- The 15th annual Gift of Giving partnership with United Way of Halifax to provide funded agencies the gift of collective communications knowledge and expertise.
Stay connected with IABC Maritime Canada:
LinkedIn: IABC Maritime Canada
Special thanks to our news release sponsor, CNW.
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) has chapters around the world. IABC Maritime Canada represents New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island within IABC's diverse, global community of communication professionals. IABC connects members to ideas, job opportunities, and people, through professional learning and a generous culture of sharing. For more information, visit http://maritime.iabc.com.
SOURCE IABC/Maritime Canada
For further information: Alexandra Aubrecht and Sarah Dawson, Co-Presidents, IABC Maritime Canada, Tel: 902-489-9269, Email: email@example.com