Growth of Over 50 Acres Extends Strategic Footprint across the US
WESTCHESTER, Ill., Aug. 16, 2017 /CNW/ -- Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc. (IAA), a business unit of KAR Auction Services, Inc. (NYSE: KAR), and the leading live and live-online salvage auto auction company, today announced the expansion of facilities in six states across the U.S. The more than 50 acres of additional land are located in strategic markets where customer demand is rapidly increasing and projected to continue.
"We partner very closely with our customers, and our proactive expansion strategy ensures we are continuously anticipating and addressing their inventory needs," said John Kett, CEO and president of IAA. "The combination of our broad physical presence and integrated technology solutions also helps us serve and expand our buyer-base and provide them with greater choice and convenience."
The six facilities expanded include: IAA Indianapolis (Ind.); IAA Kansas City (Kan.); IAA Salt Lake City (Utah); IAA Minneapolis/St. Paul (Minn.); IAA Fredericksburg-South (Va.); and IAA Dothan (Ala.). Together, these facilities now cover more than 200 acres of land, an increase of over 30 percent from previous acreage.
The expansions also provide additional space for potential weather events and create supplemental storage to meet the anticipated needs of the company's seller customers. The projects were completed in accordance with IAA's environmental philosophy, with several facilities utilizing reclaimed asphalt in the development of the branch enhancements.
The locations and hours of the expanded facilities are as follows:
- IAA Indianapolis is located at 3302 S. Harding Street Indianapolis, Ind.; auctions held every Wednesday at 9:30 A.M. The enlarged facility is one of IAA's two locations in Indiana, including IAA South Bend.
- IAA Kansas City is located at 2663 S. 88th Street Kansas City, Kan.; auctions held every Wednesday at 9:00 A.M. The expanded facility is one of two IAA locations in Kansas, including IAA Wichita.
- IAA Salt Lake City is located at 1800 South 1100 West Ogden, Utah; auctions held every Thursday at 9:00 A.M.
- IAA Minneapolis/St. Paul (Minn.) is located at 29531 Highway 61 Boulevard Red Wing, Minn.; auctions held every Wednesday at 9:00 A.M.
- IAA Fredericksburg-South is located at 99 Industrial Drive Fredericksburg, Va.; auctions held every Monday following the IAA Northern Virginia sale. The extended facility is one of seven IAA locations in Virginia, including those in Culpeper, Fredericksburg, Pulaski, Richmond, Suffolk, and Tidewater.
- IAA Dothan is located at 15994 U.S. Highway 431 N Headland, Ala.; auctions held biweekly on Tuesday at 9:00 A.M. The expanded facility is one of three IAA locations in Alabama, including IAA Birmingham and IAA Huntsville.
For more information on listings for branch dates and times, please visit www.iaai.com/locations.
About KAR Auction Services
KAR Auction Services (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used-vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR's unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, salvage, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of 5.1 million units valued at over $40 billion through our auctions. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in 110 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR has approximately 17,400 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. www.karauctionservices.com.
SOURCE Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc.