QUEBEC CITY, March 24, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - iA Financial Group (Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.) is proud to present its 2015 Social Responsibility Report, which describes the company's environmental, social and governance-related commitments and achievements.
Highlights of the 2015 Social Responsibility Report:
- Marked improvement of the waste materials recovery rate, which now exceeds 83% (compared to 72% in 2012)
- $253 million invested in renewable energy
- $3.9 million in donations to close to 500 organizations
- A nearly 40% reduction in greenhouse gases (GHG) resulting from business travel
- Recipient of two BOMA 2015 Toby Awards for the environmental quality of the company's head office in Quebec City and the building located at 2020 Robert-Bourassa Blvd in Montreal
"There is no doubt in our minds that our approach and actions must be guided by an overall vision to ensure the consistency and effectiveness of our organization with regard to social responsibility, states Yvon Charest, President and CEO of iA Financial Group. As a sustainable company, we create economic value, a sound business environment and strong ties with communities."
The iA Financial Group Social Responsibility Report is available on the company's website, at www.ia.ca, under About iA, in the Investor Relations/Annual Documents 2015 section.
About iA Financial Group
Founded in 1892, iA Financial Group offers life and health insurance products, savings and retirement plans, RRSPs, mutual and segregated funds, securities, auto and home insurance, mortgages and car loans, and other products and services for both individuals and groups. It is among the four largest life and health insurance companies and one of the largest publicly traded companies in Canada. iA Financial Group stock is listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol IAG.
SOURCE Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
For further information: Pierre Picard, Manager, Public Relations, Phone: 418-684-5000, ext. 1‐1660, Email: email@example.com