I Want My Sportsnet NOW!
31 Mar, 2016, 10:30 ET
Sportsnet NOW Available to all Canadians, Starting Tomorrow
– First mainstream sports TV channel in North America to be available direct to consumers –
– Digital access to Canada's #1 sports brand with a monthly subscription; 7-day trial period –
TORONTO, March 31, 2016 /CNW/ - Offering customers more choice and ways to watch their favourite sports content, Sportsnet will now be available to all Canadians as a direct to consumer service beginning tomorrow. Sportsnet NOW is a live streaming service of six Sportsnet linear channels, giving fans access to the great content they've come to love on Canada's #1 sports media brand. The digital destination for live sports and sports news, Sportsnet NOW remains included with Sportsnet television subscriptions through participating providers, and is now expanding to reach all Canadians.
"Rogers is Canada's home for the best in sports, and Sportsnet NOW is a complementary service to our other offerings that gives Canadians even more choice when it comes to how they consume their sports content," said Rick Brace, President, Rogers Media. "We are committed to driving innovation in sport – and with this service, we're bringing sports to our audiences in a new and exciting way."
As a long-standing industry leader in delivering premium sports content, Sportsnet is the first mainstream sports TV channel in North America to be offered direct to consumers. Sportsnet NOW will be available on tablet, mobile and online, for a monthly subscription of $24.99 with no contract and a 7-day trial period. Sportsnet NOW remains included for existing Sportsnet cable, IPTV, and satellite subscribers where available.
"This service is ideal for sports fans who do not have a TV subscription, but still want to watch live sports," said Scott Moore, President, Sportsnet & NHL Properties, Rogers. "With Sportsnet NOW, Canadians can choose to watch all the live action when they want it, anytime, anywhere. Sportsnet NOW is the fans' all-access pass to Sportsnet content."
With a subscription to Sportsnet NOW, customers will receive:
- Live streaming of Sportsnet Ontario, East, Pacific, West, ONE, and 360 – online, on tablets, and through mobile devices
- Content includes:
- NHL*, MLB, NBA, junior hockey, soccer, tennis, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, CIS, Tour de France, and much more
- Original programming such as Tim & Sid, Sportsnet Central, Hockey Central, Gotta See It, Misplays, Plays of the Month, and Sportsnet Presents
- Live streaming for $24.99 (plus applicable taxes) on a month-to-month basis
- 7-day trial period for new subscribers
- Included for existing cable, IPTV, and satellite customers
Subscriptions, Downloads, and Devices:
- Sports fans can subscribe directly to Sportsnet NOW via Sportsnet.ca/NOW , then stream on a PC or laptop from a web browser at now.sportsnet.ca
- The Sportsnet app will be available via the iTunes App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and compatible with Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, as well as Android mobile and tablet devices. Additional platforms to be announced in the near future.
The video platform for Sportsnet Now is provided by NeuLion Inc.
*Regional restrictions apply. Content availability subject to change. Visit Sportsnet.ca/NOW for full details.
Official Website, Sportsnet sportsnet.ca
Like Sportsnet facebook.com/sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Twitter @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet on Instagram @Sportsnet
Follow Sportsnet PR @SportsnetPR
Sportsnet connects Canadian sports fans to their favourite teams and athletes, using five platforms: TV, Radio, Print, Online and Mobile. Delivering storytelling on a local, regional, national and global level, the multiplatform brand consists of Sportsnet, sportsnet.ca, Sportsnet 590 The FAN, Sportsnet 960 The FAN, Sportsnet magazine, Sportsnet Mobile, Sportsnet NOW, and Sportsnet 4K. Sportsnet consists of four regional channels (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific), and the nationally-distributed Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet World, and Sportsnet 360. Sportsnet is the official Canadian NHL national broadcast rights holder, and is also the official regional television broadcast rights holder for the Calgary Flames (including radio rights on Sportsnet 960 The FAN), Edmonton Oilers, Toronto Maple Leafs (including radio rights on Sportsnet 590 The FAN), Vancouver Canucks and Montreal Canadiens. In addition, Sportsnet is also the exclusive Canadian broadcast rights holder of the CHL, including the Memorial Cup. Sportsnet is the Canadian leader in MLB television broadcasts and is home to all 162 Toronto Blue Jays games, plus MLB Playoffs and the World Series. Sportsnet also offers an exciting sports lineup including the NFL, Toronto Raptors, NBA, CIS Vanier Cup, Grand Slam of Curling, IndyCar, the Rogers Cup tennis tournament, and extensive soccer programming including Barclays Premier League, Bundesliga, CONCACAF and Canadian national team matches for men and women. Sportsnet Central is the network's news program, providing regional and national coverage of the day's events in the world of sports.
For further information: Media Contacts: Michelle Lomack, Rogers, [email protected], 416.819.2783; Jenni Cram, Sportsnet, [email protected], 416.804.1683
Share this article